VCDS Locator - Wichita

donbjetta06

TDI
2006 White Auto Jetta
Hello,

I am new to this site and a new/recent owner of a 2006 Jetta TDI. As the vehicle is nearing the 100K mark, I am currently in the process of preparing for the timing belt replacement. I have read through the very helpful and detailed procedures listed on this site and they recommend having the timing verified using the VCDS Scan system before and after the procedure is performed but unfortunately I have been unable to locate one of these devices anywhere near my location (South of Wichita, KS). I am not apposed to purchasing one if needed but thought I would try the “locate and pay for help” method first as I am not familiar with the tool and software and thought a little hands on instruction/direction would be nice. Can anyone advise if this service might be available in or around the Wichita area, other then a dealer (outrages price), or if there is an individual who would be willing to assist me with the verification, for a fee of course. I have checked the VCDS locator but unfortunately the only person listed for this area has an in valid e-mail address listed on the site.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Don

Uwe

Vendor , w/Business number
A 2006 Jetta uses a Pumpe-Düse injection, not a distributor pump, so there is no timing check with a scan tool.

-Uwe-