6-speed hydraulic clutch line

ross549

TDI
2006 Jetta
I'm working on the conversion of my 06 Jetta from a 5-speed to a 6-speed. One area I'm having difficulty in is finding the part number for the hydraulic line illustrated as item #10 in this drawing:

http://i.imgur.com/vfw9nuk.jpg

I've been unsuccessful so far. I have a really ugly hack in place, but I don't really trust it that much.

Can anyone assist with locating this part number?

Thanks!

ross549

TDI
2006 Jetta
Thanks for the info, but this looks like the old 5-speed clutch line. I'm putting in the 6-speed, and the line enters the transmission in a different spot.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Thanks for the info, but this looks like the old 5-speed clutch line. I'm putting in the 6-speed, and the line enters the transmission in a different spot.
If you go to the same site - here: http://nemiga.com/cat_spares/etka/volkswagen/

You can select different model years and different cars. You should be able to find the part numbers for whatever transmission you have by searching that site. Do you know what model and year your 6-speed came from and is the pedal assembly from the same car? If the tranny and the clutch are from different year cars, some customization may be required. Good luck.

Have Fun!

Don

ross549

TDI
2006 Jetta
It's an 02M transmission, I will have to see if I can find out the original car it came from.

The clutch assembly is OEM from 06 Jetta.

I'm digging around in the site you linked. Thanks for the help thus far.

vr6chris

TDI
'10 JSW S 2.5L 6mt
I believe the part you are looking for is 1K1-721-480-B. It just so happens that I have one in my garage...

...but it is not for sale. I did a 5sp to 6sp swap on my 2.5L last year and originally got the metal-and-rubber style hose (part # 1K1-721-465-F, -R, and -AL). I got the plastic hose to replace it, but haven't gotten around to installing it. Here are some eBay listing of both types.

BTW, I don't think your stock clutch will work. ...Or, at least I should say that I read that the 5sp clutch and flywheel wouldn't work, and I didn't want to take any chances. On my car, I had to get one from a timing belt style 2.0T as there never was a 6sp 5cyl with a 6-bolt flywheel. In your case I think you can get one from a 2009+ TDI.

LMK if you have any questions as I've been down that road already, so to speak.

Last edited:

ross549

TDI
2006 Jetta
Well, some good news and some bad news.....

First, it turns out that Part number 1K1721465F fit perfectly in the car!

Bad news is the tin dust plate in-between the transmission and engine is running on the clutch assembly, making quite a big racket when the car is running.

That aside, the new transmission is running great. It feels more torque-y, and nice and tight when shifting. (I think the old linkage was loose). Having sixth gear is quite nice.

ross549

TDI
2006 Jetta
My buddy and I fiddled around with it for a while. He ended up doing some weird bends and made it fit around the new transmission. The one I posted above fit perfectly, so it is a little less redneck-engineered. :)