West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - October 27, 2018

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
West Michigan Fall TDI GTG - Oct. 2018

Come enjoy the Fall Colors in West Michigan, while socializing and light wrenching on TDI's w/ good TDI folk!

Saturday, October 27th, 2018 - (6th Annual)
9am to 7pm

11877 Ritchie Ave NE, Cedar Springs, MI 49319

We will have a good outdoor fire going all day long, some form of chili in the pot, and some jalapeno swiss dogs on the grill.

Bring your own beverages, and if you'd like to bring a dish or snack to share, feel free.

NEW NEWS HERE - there will be a brand new factory ALH engine for sale at my GTG - might be the last one in existence/ on the planet!

Might be a Museum piece someday!

General Housekeeping Note:

When you arrive, PLEASE make an attempt to park in my property first, and not out on the road, we will save parking along the road as a last resort, if the site fills up.

I have opened up the backyard, so we have a parking "annex" now too.

The South drive into my property will be the entrance, while the North drive will be designated as the exit. Additionally, my exit (14 Mile Rd, or exit 101) is closed coming from the south on US-131, you'll have to get off at either exit 97 (10 Mile Rd), or exit 104 (17 Mile Rd) - the southbound US-131 ramp from 14 Mile Rd is open when travelling home.
Thank-you,
Kirk

Key/Keyfob guy WILL be in attendance -
Chris Tuttle (aka keyguy) will be at the GTG from 10am to 1pm (approx.), unless he's stacked up with more keys/keyfobs, then he will stay longer.

He can :
- cut new key blades
- provide new keys to cut
- provide new keyfobs
- program keys to match your car

I've started a list of who may be interested in this service:
1) MichiganBret (MK4)
2) PakProtector (Doug) - extra keyfob, plus one valet key (MK4)

3) Carl Otte (2001 Golf) - extra keyfob (MK4)
4) David Baldwin (2002 Beetle)
5) Ed Ritsema (2003 Jetta)
6) Ellis Vee (2003 Jetta - one new blade, fob reprogram, and one valet key
7) Evan (2000 - one blade, fog program, and one valet key
8) crdouger (doug) - 2006 - has key blade already, need cut
9) Kevin Redmond - 2000 Beetle - new fob and key cut/programmed

TUNE NOTE: - Jeff Robertson from Rocketchips has committed to this date, so let the TUNE sign ups begin.

1) jmodge - asv delete to exist ALH tune
2) TDIjettaz - tune 14 JSW (6M)
3) rbre2025 - RC2 + egr and immob delete - 2000 ALH
4) doughglass - RC2+ egr and immob delete - 2003 ALH
5) demickm - RC2+ egr and immob delete - 2003 ALH
6) SmithCh - RC2 + egr and immob delete - 2001 ALH
7) fastevan47 - RC2 + egr and immob delete - early build date 2000 ALH
8) regprid - RC2+ egr & immob delete - 2001 ALH
9) Brett - RC2+ egr and immob delete - 2001 ALH
10) Ed Ritsema - RC2+ egr and immob delete _ 2003 ALH
11) Kevin Brubaker - RC2 - 2006 Golf (BEW)
12) Kurt Plaggemars - RC4+ 2001 ALH
13) Karl Walters - RC2 - 1998 AHU (no many of these still alive and kickin these days!)
14) Jay Rankin - RC1.5 - 2003 auto ALH
15) Whitewasp17 - RC3? (ALH)
16) firefighter9780 - RC2 (ALH)

USED PARTS NOTE: I believe My granddaughters will be manning my stash of parts (mostly MK4), and I'll find out Chris Thompson (username CTTDI) will be here (as he has been in the past) - feel free to bring some of your own to sell/swap/trade.

LODGING OPTIONS

http://www.americinn.com/hotels/mi/g...telCode=AAGRVL (about 12.5 miles east in Greenville)

http://www.comfortsuites.com/hotel-c...t5=1&nchild5=0 (about 9 miles south back towards Grand Rapids)

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...-rapids-north/ (about 12.5 miles south back towards Grand Rapids)

Looking forward to it again,

Last edited:

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Sounds nice, I can get some hunting in beforehand, maybe bring some speedbeef over. I would like to get the ASV deleted on my RC2+ if Jeff would do that. Keyfob with key sounds interesting, Mine is screwed and glued(came to me broken off).

Stinkyfingers

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Variant, '03, Made in Germany, silber, 486,000+ miles and still singing!
I can NOT believe that I already have gotten myself scheduled to be out of town (in Dayton, OH, much less) on that very weekend! Was hoping to celebrate a half-million miles on my variant and do my fifth timing belt. Kirk, I guess that will free you up to work on some sort of illegal TDI. :D

TDIJettaz

TDI
'14 JSW, '02 JW
Hey Kirk, long time no see. Hope all is well and thank you for all that you do for the TDI community.

Finally, after 8 years of going to school on and off while working full-time, I will have time to come to your GTG! Please put me down for a tune to my '14 JSW, which I recently bought. I will go with whatever Jeff recommends. Can't wait until then!

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
man, I might just have to come. if Peter is coming too I might even have him bring me a 40k service kit and do the dsg fluid change there..

Ill have to see what the football/soccer schedule looks like and come on up again.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
All TDI's - No gassers! Luxo-Tourer = 13 Passat (hands down, the nicest car we've ever owned), Most fun = MK4 Golf
Hey Kirk, long time no see. Hope all is well and thank you for all that you do for the TDI community.

Finally, after 8 years of going to school on and off while working full-time, I will have time to come to your GTG! Please put me down for a tune to my '14 JSW, which I recently bought. I will go with whatever Jeff recommends. Can't wait until then!

Tunes added to the list Fellas!

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
man, I might just have to come. if Peter is coming too I might even have him bring me a 40k service kit and do the dsg fluid change there..

Ill have to see what the football/soccer schedule looks like and come on up again.
Hope to have you there Aaron. Have not from Peter yet, as to whether he is coming or not.

InfoSec

Veteran Member
Looking forward to it, Kirk. I finally got the MB back from Matt and it's running pretty sweet. Now for the bodywork on my '03 Jetta. I hope to have it done by then so I can bring it instead of the MB. See ya around.

-Mike B.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Looking forward to it, Kirk. I finally got the MB back from Matt and it's running pretty sweet. Now for the bodywork on my '03 Jetta. I hope to have it done by then so I can bring it instead of the MB. See ya around.

-Mike B.
it'll be good to have you there Mike!

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
LOL, but would everybody else?

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey Kirk, this is your newbie neighbor to the south. Count me in and sign me up for a tune, immobilizer and egr delete with Jeff. Tks
Ralph, your tune has been added to the list, thanks!

mopower

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW
Are any Vagcom coding experts going to attend? I've had the tool for a decade now but have only ever used it for diagnostics and simple adjustments.

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Are any Vagcom coding experts going to attend? I've had the tool for a decade now but have only ever used it for diagnostics and simple adjustments.
Yessir, there should be a few, including myself

r90sKirk

Veteran Member
TDI
Kirk, Key fob sounds like a fobulous opportunity.

Bret
Bret, if you can post what you would be interested in as far as keys and keyfobs go, I'll begin a list and add you to that list.

Kirk

mopower

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW
I'm considering retrofitting the factory blind spot/cross traffic alert system, I know its possible and has been done but details hard to come by for coding.

Might someone local have any ideas?

Doughglass

TDI
14 sportwagen 6speed, 03 wagen 5speed, 00 new beetle 5speed
Rocket chip tune

Kirk I would like to schedule to get a tune for my ‘03 Jetta. Thanks

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Kirk I would like to schedule to get a tune for my ‘03 Jetta. Thanks
All Kirk can do is put you on the list for a tune as he can't schedule an appointment time for same. At these GTG's it is first come, first served when it comes to tunes and Jeff of Rocketchip is busy ALL day tuning a bunch of cars.

When you arrive you must put your name on Rocketchip's sign up sheet. Will have to wait for your turn until whoever may be ahead of you gets tuned first.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Since we were unable to pull off a long road trip this summer, we might make a quick trip up to your neck of the woods. My wife has kin folks on the east side south of Detroit. We could come up a few days early and then run over for the event.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I would like to see that Vanagan Andy

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Guys! I'll do my best. My wife likes photography. So, are there things nearby that we can take in on the next day or the day before?