***MkVI Jetta Sedan Specific DIY/FAQ/HOW-TOs Smorgasbord***

the beave

TDI
2015 Jetta TDI S
Does anyone know if the oil change interval changed from 10K on the 2015 EA288?

TIA,
Tony
Yes it did! Not officially, but my service man told me when I was getting the flash done, that vw now recommends an oil change every 5000, no longer 10000.
I thought they were screwing with so I initially declined, then the warning check engine light came on with the wrench and the number 5000.
So, flash computer, double your oil changes. But I just took a trip to Oregon yesterday and got 55.86 mpg on the freeway trip.?
I ain't going to complain.
Thebeave who loves his 2015 Jetta tdi

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Yes it did! Not officially, but my service man told me when I was getting the flash done, that vw now recommends an oil change every 5000, no longer 10000.
I thought they were screwing with so I initially declined, then the warning check engine light came on with the wrench and the number 5000.
So, flash computer, double your oil changes. But I just took a trip to Oregon yesterday and got 55.86 mpg on the freeway trip.?
I ain't going to complain.
Thebeave who loves his 2015 Jetta tdi
The service OIL Change interval is 10,000! do not listen to what that dealer says unless they show it to you in writing....this is Synthetic Oil and it is actually good for longer....That dealer just wants to take more of your hard earned money!

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
the interval which drives the MFD display message for the driver can be changed with a service tool (for example, VCDS)

just because the setting changed when they did the flash does not mean it is part of the "fix"

it has been reported before that some dealers decide (on their own) that 5k is a better number.

that being said, if they have a service bulletin from VW, or other documentation, it would be welcome to have a copy shared here.

Last edited:

NYTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf TDI AUTOMATIC trans. GLS w/PLX package silver/black cloth
Sorry if I missed it, I did search around here.

Is there a how to/DIY/FAQ on '15 Jetta DPF fluid/adblue? How best to add w/o spilling, alternative filling methods/devices, VCDS use to read tank level?

IDparts has this, maybe that is all there is to it but I'm guessing there must be something I missed here on tdiclub.
https://idpartsblog.com/2018/12/19/refill-adblue-on-2015-jetta-tdi/ &
https://idpartsblog.com/2018/02/05/checking-adblue-def-level-on-your-tdi/

There is info. on Passat and Mk. VII Golf I found here but not sure what if anything may be different or unique to the '15 Jetta.

ALSO, does anyone have any tips re removing dried DPF fluid stains? All I found was water, blot, repeat. Wondering if there is anything mild I could add to the water that would help break it down? Acid (lemon juice, vinegar)? Base (baking soda dilute)?

Last edited:

NYTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Golf TDI AUTOMATIC trans. GLS w/PLX package silver/black cloth
Fuse Diagram?

Anyone have an updated link for fusebox legend?
2015 Jetta.
The one in the OP appears dead to me.
Thanks!

'12TDITweaker

TDI
2012 Jetta Premium 2.0 TDI
Just had my VW serviced at the dealership for the DPF light. Turns out the issue was my intake manifold which they replaced under warranty.
Interesting info: Said warranty ends at 167,xxx miles. I got lucky as I now have 161,xxx mi. on my '12 Jetta TDI so if your DPF light comes on with the CEL you can get it fixed for free at the dealership (They provide/cover a loaner/rental).

Mrrogers1

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT, 2011 Jetta TDI DSG, 2015 Golf Sportwagen S TDI DSG
I've been slowly bookmarking threads over the past two years of owning my MKVI Jetta Sedan. I'm pretty forgetful and got sick of searching for threads over and over. Surprisingly, there still isn't a real FAQ thread specific to the MKVI Jetta Sedan.

So here are all the links that I've been hoarding in a spreadsheet.

Disclaimers:
1. I wanted links to be as specific to the Jetta Sedan as possible, in some cases there are links that are for other platforms, but still apply.
2. I tried to use TDIClub links as much possible.
3. None of these are in any sort of order.
4. Some of the links are pretty old, if you have better ones please let me know.

Basic Info for TDI Newbies
How To Search TDIClub
How to Post Pictures
VCDS/VAG-COM User List
TDI Guru List By State

General Info for MKVI Jetta Sedan
2011-2015 MKVI Jetta Sedan Info
VW's CR (Common Rail) Self Study Guide (OEM Info On Your Engine) - This link is actually pretty interesting...
CR Injector Info
Used MKVI Jetta Buying Guide (What to Look For) - Don't think I've seen one of these yet...
My Glow Plug Light is Flashing, What does it mean?
How To Reset Your MFD Service Icon (Wrench)
Reset TMPS Icon - For the record, not a true TPMS sensor, actually just uses ABS sensors to detect tire pressure
All MKVI Fuse Diagram - Updated thanks to "CDN TDI", Please Notify if yours is different
1,000 Miles on a Tank

Major Known Issues
Winter Icing - Hard Start - Water in Intercooler - etc
HPFP (High Pressure Fuel Pump) Failure FAQ
Jerky DSG
Turbo Failures - No specific link yet
Cracked DPF - Also no good link yet
I'm wondering if there is a new hosted fuse diagram? Link is dead now and seems like ALL the Google searches keep bring you do that "sign up for free access" but I'm not giving CC info to some foreign hosting survey for a "free" service. :-|

cjmyers

TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
I'm wondering if there is a new hosted fuse diagram? Link is dead now and seems like ALL the Google searches keep bring you do that "sign up for free access" but I'm not giving CC info to some foreign hosting survey for a "free" service. :-|
I'm running into the same issue as well. I need to find a diagram for my 15 Jetta TDI.

USMCFieldMP

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI