2.0 TDI 4 Motion Tiguan

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
I thought I was imagining things, but it turns out I saw correctly... a 2.0 TDI 4 motion tiguan

It had brand new ontario plates... I didn't believe it at first, so I tried to get as close as possible and see if I could hear the diesel rattle... I wasn't lucky enough to hear much, but from what I heard, it did have that distinct TDI sound... very curious if it was a TDI how it got here and got registered

jackbombay

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A4 Jetta
It might just have had a 4 motion badge added to it, I know a couple people that have done that to get around the chain laws in California.

> Luke <

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2011 TDi DSG
Sorry >>>> "Chain Laws" ?? (I'm not the most brightest person)
Are you referring to the snow/road chains requirement issue?

nitec

Vendor
TDI
1.9TDi PD
interesting - that's not legal to import in Canada yet so it could be one of a few things - diplomatic plates, a swap (highly doubt it) or just somebody screwing up the badges.

that's a second gen so I seriously doubt somebody pulled their new gasser and dropped in a diesel? Also the 4motion in Canada is automatic only, which isn't a problem but again wouldn't be as easy to do as the 2WD manual tiguans...are the Gen 2s even coming with the manual option?

jackbombay

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A4 Jetta
Sorry >>>> "Chain Laws" ?? (I'm not the most brightest person)
Are you referring to the snow/road chains requirement issue?
Yea, snow tires on 2wd does not count for the "chain law", even though a 2wd car with snow tires can stop MUCH faster than a 4wd car with all season tires, and then of course with chains a car will drive much slower than a vehicle without chains so you end up with 4wd cars with all season tires driving generally twice as fast as the rest of traffic, even though they have half the capacity to stop compared to the 2wd cars, that plus their much higher rate of travel results in them having a stopping distance 4 times further than a 2wd car with snow tires. My solution is to drive through the chain check with chains on then pull over at the next exit and remove them, I do have actual snow tires for all my vehicles, and I live in actual mountains with actual winter, I do not need Californians to tell me when I need chains.

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
Hmmm, I think I'll put a 4Motion badge on my Golf and see if I end up in the sightings forum!

If anyone asks, the rear wheels are driven by pure NOx emissions through a pneumatic reciprocating climate change transducer.

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
Hmmm, I think I'll put a 4Motion badge on my Golf and see if I end up in the sightings forum!

If anyone asks, the rear wheels are driven by pure NOx emissions through a pneumatic reciprocating climate change transducer.
uh, why are you acting like it's a fake? It could very well be an import from Europe, with the 177hp engine...

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/...searchId=ce0d7f9e-c2ed-0542-bc15-6697834386cf

https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/...searchId=e6f0d1a5-60e7-50a9-9d78-d13b3b90fbb5

nitec, the plates were normal white ontario plates, not red ones (diplomat plates)... so i'm not sure what to make of it

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
Oh the Tiguan probably is real. It just gives me the idea to put a fake badge on my car. However, I had forgotten all about the idea two minutes after I wrote that, so I’m not really going to do it.

dieselherb1

Veteran Member
TDI
06 MK5,09 Mk5 CR,03 Mk4,96,2-97 B4s,98 A3,2000 A4,4 Caddies( 2-1.6TD,1.6,TDI) Chevys 6.2,6.5,6.5TD
I got my CJAA 6 speed manual into 06 Jetta finished, now a friend wants me to do a CR into a Tiguan. Should be a good investment!

GTOguy

TDI
'13 Beetle TDI 6spd, Rawtek/Malone 2.0 Eco
We have a '14 Tiguan, its a R line w/fender and 4/motion and its really a nice vehicle but man do i wish it had the CJAA that's in my beetle in it. Then it would be perfect!

dieselherb1

Veteran Member
TDI
06 MK5,09 Mk5 CR,03 Mk4,96,2-97 B4s,98 A3,2000 A4,4 Caddies( 2-1.6TD,1.6,TDI) Chevys 6.2,6.5,6.5TD
I checked the fuel mileage of the Europe Tig TDI and its not what I would expect. I wouldn't mind having one but not to give up 45+ mpg in our Jettas.

repete

TDI
2014 JSW, 2010 JSW
The reason I ask is because I have a 2010 JSW TDI DSG and I want to swap the drivetrain into a Tiguan. Just wondering if the gearing works, or if I need to source the Euro trans before I start.