Two Generations

VWx6

The handle is a misnomer. I dubbed myself VWx6 before bringing home the 1999.5 Golf GLS TDI last May, which makes it the seventh VW for me. The Golf is my sixth VW diesel, and my seventh diesel counting a 1967 Mercedes 200 Diesel automatic. Four of my VW diesels I passed on to my older son: a 1978 Rabbit, a 1980 Dasher wagon, a 1986 Golf, and the 1991 Jetta GL Ecodiesel below. I gave him those cars during his long career as an impoverished student. Now he'is an ambitious corporate lawyer, married, with a Springer Spaniel, a sixteen foot canoe, and a chic, eighty year old remodeled cottage four blocks from the ocean. What's missing from this picture? Why, a Jeep Wrangler, of course. The Jeep dealer offered my son far less than he wanted for the Jetta, so I paid the ransom and now I have my old Jetta back. Two generations of VW, each with their own very distinctive personality, and I love them both the way only other diesel and VW enthusiasts could understand.

Norman

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf GLS, '03 Wagon GL
Your pics are VERY nicely done! It's clear that you take very good care of your vehicles. What are part of North America are you at? Just curious..

VWx6

Thanks for the compliment, Norman, and your are right: all the picture posted so far are forcing us to try to be a little more creative. The black border is what makes the pics more colorful. I just loaded a new copy of the pictures, using better software which compressed more but has more detail.

I went ahead and updated my profile. I live in Virginia Beach, VA, where the human population is exploding and the tree population is dwindling.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Outstanding!!!
I sold my grey 1991 ECO-Diesel to buy my
Tornado Red Passat TDI. Seeing you pictures
now I miss the car!!
My last 3 cars have been VW Diesel's
1986 Jetta Turbo-Diesel
1991 Jetta Eco-Diesel
1997 Passat TDI
Vw diesel's is there anything else?
Tom Walker

S

SkyPup

Really a nice pictorial essay and description of the VW diesel legacy. Undoubtedly a large section of your area had gone down to urban sprawl these last twenty or so years with the resulting demise of trees. joni Mitchel once sang, "Pave Paradise, Put Up a Parking Lot, Put the Trees in a Museum and Charge the People a Dollar Just to See 'Em"

Glad to hear someone out there is environmentally conscious and aware. Plus I enjoyed your great photo editing too.