Steering Wheel LH Buttons - Partial Functionality

mikerob97

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
Steering Wheel LH Buttons - Partial Functionality (Linking?)

I had the unfortunate occasion to get on my horn when another driver pulled out in front of me today. After, I noticed that my left hand audio controls are a bit confused. The channel select button now increases the volume...the volume reduce switch changes the channel in one direction...etc. The right hand side switches works fine.
The radio now says "linking" with the volume knob not working and no volume - Nav, Bluetooth all work fine.
Any ideas what may have happened?

Last edited:

mikerob97

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
Update - Steering Wheel LH Buttons - Partial Functionality (Linking?)

So, the problem has corrected itself.

From what I can tell, I must have also push on the switch hard at the same time I pushed on my horn when the other driver pulled out in front of me. Seems the button of the switch was displaced to the side. I applied some pressure to other side of the buton and the button lightly snapped back into position. I did not notice this originally while I was driving, it was the next day when I was parked and sitting in the car that I noticed.

The linking problem was independent. Seems the Sirius satellite transmission had gone down for a while. The word "linking" appears when the receiver can not find a signal.

Last edited:

bmc1980

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI DSG (bought 5.29.2019)...2002 VW Jetta wagon GLS 2.0L (gas) RIP 5.19.2019 due to accident
Yay, glad you were able to fix the problem.

I discovered the other day that the NAV function will display the car’s GPS coordinates and altitude by pressing the little button marked “i” by the CD slot.