Swapped 5th gear, now no cruise control

ffemtp

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS TDI Deceased 11/2012, 2004 Jetta GL TDI Sold, 2012 Jetta TDI (Retruned to VW), 2004 Jetta TDI GLS 5spd
Car is a 2004 Jetta TDI 5 speed, of course. Recently swapped 5th gear to a .658. I knew from the start that cruise would likely not function when this was done. ...and, it doesn't...

I very recently got a cable and have full VCDS, but I am a newby with VCDS.

My questions: Does anyone know how to fix cruise control using VCDS? Where would I find the setting(s)?

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
Do this:

1) Go to google
2) type or copy/paste the words in bold: forums.tdiclub.com Swapped 5th gear, now no cruise control
3) Press enter

You will find what you are looking for on the first link. That's all I did and it was super easy.

ffemtp

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS TDI Deceased 11/2012, 2004 Jetta GL TDI Sold, 2012 Jetta TDI (Retruned to VW), 2004 Jetta TDI GLS 5spd
Did not locate any VCDS suggestions with that. Tried other combinations as well. No workie....

Anyone?

Geobmx4life

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf Malone tuned VNT 17, FMIC
What Lightflyer1 said. I did mine a year ago, Malone tuning has been the brains behind main my mods all work together, retuned it and cruise now works.

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
Did not locate any VCDS suggestions with that. Tried other combinations as well. No workie....
Anyone?
The final answer was that you needed a tune to get it to be fixed. The first listed thread explained that.

I find searching in google the way I presented it to you way better than using the built in search of this forum. Google can make the relevance in the search for you.

ffemtp

Veteran Member
TDI
My plan was to get a tune anyway, so I'll add that to the list of the things I want when I order it. I thought there was a way to accomplish this with just VCDS (which I have). Not a big deal as I planned on the expense anyway.

Thanks everyone!