50 MPG with my old beater Jetta with 200K with Liqui Moly

aheng

TDI
2006 1.9 Jetta Wolfsburg Sedan
I treated my old beater Jetta with LiquiMoly again and she's back to 50mpg (or more).

Jetty 1.9L Wolfsburger edition 2006-2007 1.9 BRM with the 6 speed auto tranny. Really like the 6 speed. I bought her with 200K and the previous owner apparently could not afford to maintain her.

Anyway I did half a can of LM Diesel Purge directly to the fuel injectors. And I did a full can of the Intake System Purge, the new formulation, 2033. The Diesel Purge worked great. About the new formulation Intake System Purge, although it did help the car a lot, my turbo still doesn't kick in like it did with the last application of the old formulation. Anyway, I can try it again in a few months.

I do 74 mph between Independence MO and St. Joe Moe to work and back every day. Mostly rolling hills. No fancy driving, and I have been getting 50mpg or more since I applied LM about 3 weeks ago.

Supposedly LM is available at AutoZone and Napa, but so far I have only found it at Amazon, and with my corporate account, I get free shipping with apparently no haz mat or haz packing fees.

I hope that AZ and Nappy carry it in the future. I really prefer to buy my auto parts from them because I pump the employees for information about cars when I shop there.

Otherwise is my Jetta haunted?

It makes strange death gurgles and sploings noises sometimes. It sounds like the area under my passenger dashboard is inhabited by a ghost with asthma. Or could it be my heat exhanger / condenser making noise because my car is low on water. And is my car low on water because MY @&#(*$&@#$ water pump is dying!!!

Yes my Jetta must be haunted. Because it is haunting me every month with some new problem. Achtung! Service NOW!

aheng

TDI
2006 1.9 Jetta Wolfsburg Sedan
On October 1st I treated the fuel injectors with Liqui Moly and my mileage calculator bumped up from about 45 mpg to about 49-50 mpg.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
EGR coolers and the hoses that run to the heater core are both common failure items on your car. Might want to check behind the engine, under the turbo, for signs of dried coolant (pink powder, assuming the correct coolant is in the car).