I need local mechanic in So. Cal

bati

TDI
jetta
has anyone worked with Scott recently I"ve been trying to contact him but the fella doesn't answer his phones and I cannot leave a msg.
Scott Russell - BioChoppers
Mobile Diesel Repair -will travel to you-
Serving: Southern California
Timing Belts and all general maintenance
562)201-5868

Mopar-VW-Dieselman

TDI
1992 HD 3/4 Ton Dodge Cummins, 2002 Blue VW Jetta TDI Automatic
bati.
Try Dave's Little Car Shop in Walnut. http://daveslittlecarshop.com/ 909.594.0477
Open Monday - Friday: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
I have a 2002 ALH. Dave's done several maintenance and other repairs. He's primarily a VW shop. I trust him.
He's worked on other TDI's in the family as well.

SFHGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jolf GLS TDI - Reflex Silver (purchased 2011) | Previously: 2001 Golf GL TDI - Indigo Blue (sold 2005)
Scott never responds. I had the same experience. I'd go to Leonard Harvieux (Wild Rose Motors). It's really getting difficult to find good TDI mechanics around here.

Richard55

Vendor
TDI
2000 NB
I would highly recommend Justin Barkley, he is in SoCal right now and has vast experience and know what he is doing. He apprenticed with me for a couple of years and is very knowledgeable. Call him at 770-549-5890. You will not be sorry, he is a great guy.

SFHGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jolf GLS TDI - Reflex Silver (purchased 2011) | Previously: 2001 Golf GL TDI - Indigo Blue (sold 2005)
I would highly recommend Justin Barkley, he is in SoCal right now and has vast experience and know what he is doing. He apprenticed with me for a couple of years and is very knowledgeable. Call him at 770-549-5890. You will not be sorry, he is a great guy.

Richard that is good news. Always good to hear about new SoCal TDI mechanics. Does he have a username here on tdiclub?

SilverDieselDemon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 VW 2 Door Golf 1.9L
SFHGolf- I moved here just a few months ago, I plan on it being a long term investment :) I would like to meet some fellow TDIclub members!
John, I am in San Diego(near Fairmont and the 15) I have basic tools with me, did you need a hand with something?
Justin

john.jackson9213

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1996 B4V
Justin,

Welcome to San Diego! I am a not too far away from you near 125 & 52 freeways. Any number of people are looking for a TDI mechanic in San Diego and Orange Counties. Please consider attending the SoCal GTG & Dyno Day on June 20.

mrfixit454

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE
Anyone heard of Leonard's status. I saw him 2 years ago in Whittier and he adjusted my pump for smog. He had a smog shop next door. Both he and the smog shop appear to be gone, internet and phone call wise. His website seems to be gone as well. I am due now for smog and wanted to go back to the same place as shops in Huntington Beach area are getting picky.

Before seeing Leonard, a shop that had smogged my 02 Jetta and passed it since starting diesel smog failed me for too much smoke. He was redlining it during the test. I had never heard my engine rev so high and of coarse it smoked. I told him he was doing the test wrong and he said id not matter, it failed for smoke. Think he was just out to get me. Car is totally stock.

Although 2 hours from me, are you still in San Diego Jason?

SFHGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Yes, I'm not sure Leonard is in business anymore. His (somewhat eclectic, to put it mildly) "political" involvements seemed to be taking more and more of his time and energy last I saw him or interacted with him which was years ago.

For smog of my diesels, I've been using Santa Monica Motors (http://www.santamonicamotors.com/smog-check) for a few years now and am very happy with them. I am tuned and make sure the car is warmed up and all of my readiness monitors are good to go. Never had an issue and they definitely don't redline it.

mrfixit454

TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE
Thanks for the tip, was born in Santa Monica a long time ago and live about 45 minutes from there now (on a good day). If I have issues local, I will try there. I bought these in 2010 from Bora parts...... "PowerPlus 357 PP357 TDI Injector Nozzle Set (PP357)" and never put them on since we started smogging right after I bought them. Was concerned about smoke. At 152k, I think I am due for a manifold/egr clean too. Thanks again

SFHGolfTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks for the tip, was born in Santa Monica a long time ago and live about 45 minutes from there now (on a good day). If I have issues local, I will try there. I bought these in 2010 from Bora parts...... "PowerPlus 357 PP357 TDI Injector Nozzle Set (PP357)" and never put them on since we started smogging right after I bought them. Was concerned about smoke. At 152k, I think I am due for a manifold/egr clean too. Thanks again
If you ever get up to the SF Bay area, Matt-98ahu is by far the best TDI mechanic in CA. He used to travel around for a living but has now settled down with his own shop space. Worth the trip if you have a bunch of jobs lined up: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=444867

MJGolfer

TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Anyone know of a good TDI mechanic in the Ventura County or San Fernando Valley?

VLS_GUY

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Bug, Skid Plate, Stage 1 Upsolute
In Ventura county we have two shops that are good bu fo different purposes.
For pure OEM work and emissions related things I like Import Auto Clinic In Thousand Oaks: http://www.importautoclinic.net/ He is a test only emission test station.
For doing mods or any [performance MODs go see Gabe and Andy in Ventura at AG Autowerks: http://www.agautowerks.com/ These guys are hard core performance guys and race aircooled bugs. Here is a V10 TDI streamliner they are working on: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCxk1AcTE2o
Note that both of these shops have extensive experience and know their stuff. Just talk to then and if they are doing what you want.

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
I wonder if taking the V10 to them would make sense =/

Not my favorite drive though from out here in Pomona.