www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKVI-A6 Jetta Sedan (~ 2011+)

VW MKVI-A6 Jetta Sedan (~ 2011+) Discussions area for the MkVI (2011+) Jetta sedan. This model was originally codenamed NCS (New Compact Sedan).

Old August 1st, 2020, 22:25   #1
abaron
Veteran Member

Default Oil Change Needed?

Hi folks;

My 2015 Jetta just clicked over 65,000km. When that happened it triggered the oil change needed reminder.

Now, I had the oil changed at 57,000km (last fall) so while I need an oil change shortly it's not urgent. I figure that when the shop did the 60,000km service they didn't reset the oil change interval.

I've tried the reset steps in the manual but it doesn't seem to reset it. (after I release the double square button it just bongs and says oil change needed)

We're currently on a road trip and the car won't be back home for another couple of weeks (and at least 1500km).

Is the car reading the state of the oil and determining it's in need of a change, or am I just not competent enough to reset the indicator?

I don't have my VAG-COM cable with me but I could have it brought to me Friday to reset the indicator.

Or should I just try to find a local shop to do the oil change? (We're in the area for a week, but it is our only car, of course)
Old Yesterday, 03:47   #2
Matt927
Veteran Member

TDI(s): several

The car is not monitoring the current chemical state of the oil.
Matt927 is offline   Reply With Quote