Anti theft radio code

ckimball tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta Red
Does anyone know how to obtain the code for the radio. My battery boiled over and ate the power steering resevoir up to the point of leaking. I am going to replace the battery with the gel type and DONT WANT TO GO TO THE DEALER for the code!!!...any assistance will be appreciated.
cameron

------------------
Cameron Kimball
98 Jetta TDI Tornado red
81 MBZ 300SD 390,000
77 MBZ 300D 505,000
79 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Diesel (no laughing It is a great car!!)
47 Ford Super Deluxe Coupe
57 GMC pick up
94 Dodge Ram

Vhunter

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 silver Jetta 5spd TDI
It's supposed to be in the owners manual, but the idiots that prep'ed my car somehow got it all screwed up. The data sticker in my manual is for a 2.0 gasser! AND it didn't have the radio code.

Sometimes you can find the info on a sticker in the trunk's spare wheel well. Or if you are like me, I had to take it in to get the number as they had put the sticker in someone else's book..

boyelectric

Veteran Member
Not that I am aware of. Mine did come with a little radio code tag which I filed in some pile of papers somewhere.

------------------
Never confuse true knowledge with mere opinion.
--------------------------
2000 Jetta GLS TDI - Black/black leather, 5sp w/ everything

cars wanted

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS-TDI, 2000, white/beige
ckimball tdi, the radio code is most certainly NOT on the window sticker. It is meant to be confidential, so it is not even printed directly in your owner's manual. Your dealer should have given you a wallet-sized card with your radio's serial number and code number when you took delivery of your car. I carry mine with my automobile registration card. If your dealer did not hand it to you directly, perhaps it is tucked away in a pocket of your manual or service booklets. If not, you should contact your dealer directly; he should also have kept a record of which radio and its code number is in your car.