'00 Golf GLS white over gray

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
\'00 Golf GLS white over gray

Just purchased. Called a dealer I had not talked to previously; closer ones were out. So, Thursday I decided I really needed to get serious about a new ride, and called this dealer. They had exactly 1 TDI. White, GLS, black interior. Close, but I would have ordered a gray interior. Sigh... Went to see it Saturday morning and drove away with it at 12:45 p.m.

Everyone that has seen it is very impressed - especially with the progress VW has made in making it peppy to drive, virtually odorless, comfortable inside, etc. etc. etc. But you all know the advantages, yes?

We topped the tank after delivery. Can you say "whipped cream?" I am amazed that stuff actually bubbles down into a useable fuel.

So far (26 Oct 99 - about 80 hours after posession) I've put 400 miles on that tank and it is just under 1/2 full. I'm going to like this.

No pictures yet - I'm too busy giving rides. But we'll see what we can do in a couple of weeks (kinda busy with work, too!).

Drive on, gang!

------------------
Always interested in steep & deep

[This message has been edited by Powder Hound (edited February 03, 2000).]

Norman

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf GLS, '03 Wagon GL
Re: \'00 Golf GLS white over gray

Yes! Another white Golf GLS TDI! Congratulations, you're going to really enjoy this ride.

Hurry with the pictures, too, I think DEZLBOY wants to compare the gray vs. black interiors...

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI

OK, DEZLBOY, here's the deal. You have basic black interior. Then you have not-quite-black. Otherwise known as gray. At this time of year (on the shy side of the equinox in the northern hemisphere), more hours than not, you can't tell the difference!!

------------------

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI

First tank: 49.94 mpg (4.7l/100km). Doing very well sans additives, but I think it might be a good idea to check into something for the winter.

Drive on, gang!

------------------

cars wanted

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS-TDI, 2000, white/beige

Cool! Looks like you got just about the same fuel economy on your first tank as I did on mine. (Also a white Golf GLS-TDI, but with beige interior).
Congratulations on your acquisition of an amazing and rare new car! I'm sure you will now look for any excuse to go out for a drive.

DEZLBOY

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, Candy White

Powder Hound....

Let's see....white, then gray which is a darker white, then black which is a darker grey! I think I got it.

What I don't get is....what the heck is a "power hound"

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI

OK DEZLBOY,

You'd ordinarily think that gray is sort of midway between white and black, but in this case, and after looking at the other interior shots with a 'black' interior that looks identical to mine, I think VW's definition of gray ought to be reexamined!

A powder hound is a person who likes to go skiing for powder, looks for it all the time and likes to ski where there's lots of it. That's why I like Alta - besides world-class (and world envied) snow, if you are willing to hike a bit, you get fresh powder all day long on one of those magic days. Hence the signature ...

------------------