What markets are available...

Farmgirlajtk

TDI
2001 WV TDI
We own a 2001 Volkswagen Jetta TDI that has had some tuning done to the engine which came originally with an automatic transmission but was converted to a standard. The engine has approximately 313000 miles not sure about the transmission. We have owned it since 167000 miles. The car is structurally not in good shape anymore and the scrap yard only wants to give us $125. hard to give up for that amount knowing it would be a good vehicle to part out but it's not something we can do. It still drives. Looking to find a market for it near Ashland Ohio. Please remove if this thread is not allowed to be here, new to the forum but have used it for much wisdom along the way.

mjez

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta
What exactly do you mean by structurally not in good shape?
I just sold my 2000 Jetta with similar mileage to yours for almost $2k. That car was rusting badly being always driven in a rust-belt. Buyer said he doesn't care about body, he just wanted good mileage and reliability. If that's your case then post it on Craigslist and see what happens.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I agree, post it for sale as is, be thorough with the explanation of its condition, and let someone decide for themselves.

I've seen plenty of cars from really rusty areas but the 4th gen Golf/Jettas are not know for rusting to the point of structural problems. Nissans, Hondas, Hyundias, and all kinds of GM/Ford/ChryCo stuff sure, but not a Volkswagen.

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 5 sp, 226K miles
We own a 2001 Volkswagen Jetta TDI that has had some tuning done to the engine which came originally with an automatic transmission but was converted to a standard. The engine has approximately 313000 miles not sure about the transmission. We have owned it since 167000 miles. The car is structurally not in good shape anymore and the scrap yard only wants to give us $125. hard to give up for that amount knowing it would be a good vehicle to part out but it's not something we can do. It still drives. Looking to find a market for it near Ashland Ohio. Please remove if this thread is not allowed to be here, new to the forum but have used it for much wisdom along the way.
HI

I PM'd you

Thanks

Andrew

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
dont scrap it
sell it as is
sell it right now $800
Sell it to someone who knows its value ($900 to $1000
part it out, $2500 but that will probably take a year to do and its a good bit of work and storage to hold the parts you want to sell.

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
part it out, $2500 but that will probably take a year to do and its a good bit of work and storage to hold the parts you want to sell.
The OP already noted that parting out is not an option. There are many different reasons for this. I am sure you are just trying to be helpful, but telling them to do something they have already thought about but cannot do is counter productive.

Cheers,

PH