BHW Alternate Oil Pan

TLOHM

TDI
BHW Engine Swap
Have done a little research with no luck, but have engine hanging over the frame to locate motor mounts now, so if someone's got an answer, I'd appreciate it. Is there an alternate oil pan that could be installed on a Bhw that's a bit shallower?

Thanks

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
I don't think so, no. And shallower would also mean even less capacity, which probably is not good.

A possibility: You could have the oil pan cut/trimmed/modified and welded back together to maybe make it how you need it, but I'd want to at least try and keep the overall volume as close as possible. You will also need to modify the steel pickup tube inside, it is already right at the bottom of the pan as it is.

And even with all that, you may only be able to gain about an inch at the very most.

tims944

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2006 mk5 tdi-SOLD 1989 944 s2 BHW swapped
Oil pan

Have done a little research with no luck, but have engine hanging over the frame to locate motor mounts now, so if someone's got an answer, I'd appreciate it. Is there an alternate oil pan that could be installed on a Bhw that's a bit shallower?
Thanks

I used the 1.8t split 2 piece metal/aluminum pan along with the BSM delete kit. pickup sits almost flush with bottom of pan, it is shallower, by how much hard to say...

its like 49.99 from IDparts... cant go wrong.. could always cut/weld up that base as an easy alternative...

i am however not running AC, or power steering pump so depends on your application but no issue bolting it up.

TLOHM

TDI
BHW Engine Swap
Oilhammer; Tims944,

Thanks for the quick responses, guys. We stared at it a while and decided to just set the engine a little higher to clear the front crossmember. '36 Ford has a rather narrow frame. Could probably change the accessories bracket, but am looking at just going with a manual rack & pinion. Truck's probably not going to weigh much over 2600 lbs. I'll start a build thread on it once I get a bit further down the road.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
And I would accept any invitation to come see your project. :D

And if you need anything hauled away.