B6 Passat?

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Since there are no Passat TDI wagons coming to this side of the pond in the foreseeable future, has anyone considered a TDI swap into a B6?

tophergrace

Veteran Member
TDI
Alh
if you want awd the problem I see is the automatic, while I love the roominess of the vw's you might be better off with an audi.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
I imagine it wouldn't be too hard if you had a complete parts car.

I suppose the biggest problem would be where the urea tank will go. It might be possible to arrange it like the NMS passat and put it where the V6's 2nd muffler goes.

-J

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
I imagine it wouldn't be too hard if you had a complete parts car.

I suppose the biggest problem would be where the urea tank will go. It might be possible to arrange it like the NMS passat and put it where the V6's 2nd muffler goes.

-J
Did the '09s have a urea tank?

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Since there are no Passat TDI wagons coming to this side of the pond in the foreseeable future, has anyone considered a TDI swap into a B6?
Not a bad idea to build one but the damn car was so small for a wagon anyway...big disappointment in my book.

Steve

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yeah, the B6 is for sure bigger than the B5. It is really pretty close in size to the C3.

However, the B6 never really excited me too much. I don't think I'd want to put forth all the effort to swap a TDI into one. Of course, given how craptastic so many of their engines are, there are always lots of B6s out there that need an engine. :rolleyes:

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
Yeah, the B6 is for sure bigger than the B5. It is really pretty close in size to the C3.
However, the B6 never really excited me too much. I don't think I'd want to put forth all the effort to swap a TDI into one. Of course, given how craptastic so many of their engines are, there are always lots of B6s out there that need an engine. :rolleyes:
And a TDI transmission could be sourced from Frans...

otty

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Passat W8=>TDI swap, 4Motion Wagon, PD130(AVF) 6Speed Manual, 2006 Jetta MKIV PD(BEW) Wagon 5Speed Manual
A B6 4mo TDI is pretty well the only car I would prefer to my B5.5 4mo TDI... so long as it is 6 speed manual as well.

Do it!

otty

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Passat W8=>TDI swap, 4Motion Wagon, PD130(AVF) 6Speed Manual, 2006 Jetta MKIV PD(BEW) Wagon 5Speed Manual
Good point. Didn't realize the B6 was Haldex...

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yep, transverse cars are Haldex, longitudinal are Torsen (unless you go back to some really old stuff).

The B6 is really just a bloated A5 in most regards.

otty

Veteran Member
TDI
Also didn't know it was transverse...that explains it!