Where to plug in the wire to feed the glow plug light

bbob203

Veteran Member
TDI
b5.5v
Trying to figure out where to plug in a wire to make my glow plug light in my cluster work when the the relay is on. Im using a 1.6 mk2 fast glow plug relay to run the glowplugs on my b3 1z. Going to wire it under the hood. Can't find a definite answer from looking at the ce2 wiring charts on a2resource. Anyone have any idea? I know the glow plug wiring was somehow tied in with the water seperator system that I didn't bother installing. G60ing I'm looking at you. :cool:

Last edited:

bbob203

Veteran Member
TDI
b5.5v
Thanks for the jumbo relay pin out vince that will make a good print out for my folder! :) What I'm trying to figure out is where to take the wire from terminal L.
"from a2 resource
M/04 Water Separator Sender (diesel) Glow Plug Relay Pin 9, Glow Plug Light Blue/Green"

Should I just take the wire from terminal l and run it here and see if the magic happens? I know when I was doing the swap i found out the cluster light works when you ground the wire in the cluster harness. ???

bbob203

Veteran Member
TDI
b5.5v
Also what is the purpose of the 86 pin going to the stop solenoid? Can I just skip that one since I used what use to be the coil wire for the stop solenoid?