If I can't have a VW TDI - I'm going full electric

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Nice. There was talk of downsizing the cybertruck a bit from the prototype, but I guess they are going with the full size unit now. Jay Leno just did a new show with Musk in the Cybertruck. Should be good.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
Cybertruck Size

Nice. There was talk of downsizing the cybertruck a bit from the prototype, but I guess they are going with the full size unit now. Jay Leno just did a new show with Musk in the Cybertruck. Should be good.
Your right. They are looking at a overall 3% reduction in size for production vehicle. Also rumors of a possible midsized truck which makes sense since the cybertruck is a beast of a vehcile.

coolbreeze

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE DSG - 2016 Tig SE for the wifey
More Useable Space

Isn't it almost the same footprint as the F150? Cybertruck is 231 inches long, 82 inches wide. F150 is 205-250 inches long depending on version, 80-86 inches wide. Someone did the comparison at https://news.pickuptrucks.com/2019/...ertruck-actually-compare-to-a-ford-f-150.html
Now you might say an F150 is too big, and I could see your point. Plenty of people buy them anyway though.
They are close to the same size but the Cybertuck isn't body on frame so there is much more usable space in it including a frunk.