GTG in Heaven!! April 14th

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I know this may be short notice for those who havent seen it yet, but it has been posted in the Events, Meetings, and GTG's forum for some time.

It was suggested I post it here as it may see more traffic.

Hopefully you guys can make it.

Those who know me know that I am a Parts manager at a Vw dealership. Today a couple managers dropped by from the Western Region Parts Depot for a surprise visit. One of them happened to Dale Hawke, The General Manager of said Parts Depot. At the end of his visit, he extended the offer of a tour of the depot.

Halfway as a joke I asked if the offer was extended to Vw employees or friends and family?

He had mentioned that the Audi Quattro club had organized a GTG there once and he took them on a tour and I could do the same if I wanted.
Vw's Western Region Parts Depot is located in Ontario Ca and currently houses over 3.2 MILLION parts for our dubs and audis. It really is an amazing sight to behold when you consider the logistics needed to run such a building.

After some discussion with Mr. Hawke, he informed me that they only work 1 or 2 saturdays per month and considering they are closed on Easter weekend, they will most likely be working on April 14th.

So we are OFFICIALLY planning this GTG for that day. The tour will start at 10am and should last about an hour to an hour and a half depending on how big of a turnout we have.

I would say start showing up at 9:30 just so we can be sure everyone who wants to be there is there on time.

If you have ever wondered where your parts come from, this is a great opportunity (perhaps the oppoprtunity of a lifetime for a non employee) to see the insides of the beast.

If there is any interest in attending, Please let me know.

And last but not least, the most important bit of information.

Who wants to know where to go?? LOL

The warehouse is at 3095 E. Cedar St. in Ontario, Ca 91761

See ya there at 9:30am

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
Mr Hawke has once again emailed me in anticipation of this event.

He and his staff are prepared for the turnout and it is expected to be a good day.

We anticipate a good turnout, So Mr Hawke has informed me the group will be split off into 3 separate groups and will tour the facility that way the group isnt too large.

He did want me to stress again that unfortunately we can not allow children into the facility.

Once you guys see the logistics and hustle and bustle of the warehouse equipment and staff, I think you will understand why we can't take any chances.

If there are any other questions, Please feel free to ask and I will answer what I can.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
I am glad that everyone enjoyed the tour.

Unfortunately not everyone was able to make it that said they wanted to. I understand there is always last minute stuff to come up, but I think it turned out fairly well. Smaller groups meant more interaction.

Just as soon as the pictures are posted on Bernie's Facebook, either he or I will link to them.

Thanks again to everyone that showed up. I apologize to the guy who brought his son and could not be allowed on the floor. I tried to get the word out as much as I could.

The next time Mr. Hawke is willing to host another one of these, I will get word out immediately.

Niner

duplicate account, banned
I am glad that everyone enjoyed the tour.

Unfortunately not everyone was able to make it that said they wanted to. I understand there is always last minute stuff to come up, but I think it turned out fairly well. Smaller groups meant more interaction.

Just as soon as the pictures are posted on Bernie's Facebook, either he or I will link to them.

Thanks again to everyone that showed up. I apologize to the guy who brought his son and could not be allowed on the floor. I tried to get the word out as much as I could.

The next time Mr. Hawke is willing to host another one of these, I will get word out immediately.
Thanks for doing this. The event was well worth it. Talk about a Toy Store for Dad's! I'll have to visit you and Derrel Greene sometime in Riverside, sounds like you run a good service shop down that way.