Programming a used ecm

jxb

TDI
2006 tdi jetta
I bought a used ecm for my 2006vw tdi jetta the unit is good but I cannot find a shop or dealer to program it. The dealer will only do it if I buy a new one for $1200 dollars and the people I bought it from will not take it back $600 dollars. I bought the used one from GO ECM Grand Prairie Texas ( BEWARE ) does anybody know of a shop or business in the Atlanta area can and will do it if so please reply or e mail me at jp4059@hotmail.com

narongc73

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
what do you mean program? just send it to Malone tuning for an immobilizer delete and you are done. I think it's around 100. That's if the ecm that matches your car. I did it a while back when converting to manual. wait you paid 600? Got mine for 35 bucks.

jxb

TDI
2006 tdi jetta
the ecm came out of another car and according to the dealers and shops it must be programed to match the car the immobilizer has been deleted I have sent an e mail to Malone see what they have to say

narongc73

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
the ecm came out of another car and according to the dealers and shops it must be programed to match the car the immobilizer has been deleted I have sent an e mail to Malone see what they have to say
Yeah you'll be fine doing an immo delete. it's done all the time. I hope the ecm is new since you paid 600.