Sturgeon Bay, WI GTG October 5th 2013

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
Well if everyone is up to helping out again, I'd be more than happy to host another gtg at our shop this fall.

Just like the past gtg's if people are willing to bring food and beverages, that works quite nicely.

If a new person would like to take over being the grill master that would be great to give lovemybug a break from manning the grill at this gtg.;)

The Cruise will meet at 9 AM and head out around 9:30 on Saturday October 5th, 2013, with the GTG starting when we get back from the cruise around 2 PM for anyone that wants to just attend the GTG.

The location is 203 Keel Ct. in Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235

Our shop is 60x90 and we have a 2 post lift.

JFettig will be attending and has offered up his tuning services. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=369283

I'd prefer that mostly minor work is done at the GTG, unless I approve it. We don't need any extra vehicles left over, otherwise we'll just haul them over to the scrap yard across the street. jk lol

Here is a link to the GTG that was back in June http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=383466

Look forward to seeing everyone this fall.:D

If you have any questions feel free to send me a pm.

Last edited:

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
What about a cruise afterwards?
I'm not sure there will be enough day light left to get a cruise in as well.

I'd be more than happy to do a cruise the day after the gtg. Otherwise the Saturday before might work... Sept. 28th.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm just going to throw an idea out there... would you guys prefer to do a shorter cruise around Door County and then head back to the shop for a cookout afterwards?

We would meet at the shop still at 9am and leave by 9:30. Tour the County and hopefully be back at the shop by 2pm or close to it and start the grill and cookout.

People would still be welcome to use the shop after the cruise to do any wrenching and use the lift if they need to.

Let me know what you think.;)

Last edited:

TDIinWI

TDI
'15 Jetta SE TDI (Current Chariot), '05 Passat TDI (RIP), '03 Beetle TDI (RIP), '00 Golf TDI (RIP), '98 Jetta TDI (RIP)
Sounds like a good idea to me....great time for a cruise.

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI 5 Speed
That would be neat. I may have 337 golf struts/springs to put on if you do some shop time too.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Sounds like a good idea to me....great time for a cruise.
That would be neat. I may have 337 golf struts/springs to put on if you do some shop time too.
That actually sounds like a lot of fun.
I'd be up for it.
as would I
Well lets make it official and start the day off with a cruise and cookout when we get back. :D

Those bring food can put it in the shop, so they don't have to worry about it spilling while on the cruise.;)

duwem

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS TDI 5 Speed
Is there gonig to be an icecream stop on the cruise? Dont know if I can make it till 2pm without some treats ;)

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Is there gonig to be an icecream stop on the cruise? Dont know if I can make it till 2pm without some treats ;)
I'm sure we can make it a scheduled stop on the cruise.;)

There's 3 different Ice Cream shops I have in mind.:D

Here are the options.
http://www.notlickedyet.com/
http://www.wilsonsicecream.com/main.htm
http://www.yelp.com/biz/yum-yum-tree-baileys-harbor
http://www.doorcountysdining.com/restaurant/baileys-harbor-WI/Yum-Yum-Tree

They're all good, but parking can be an issue at Wilson's and Yum Yum Tree.:(

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
My wife might be coming up with me that weekend, and she told me in no uncertain terms that I'm not doing any grilling. Not sure what I'm bringing, then, but it won't be on the grill.

Hmmm. Since it's going to be October, it might be a bit on the cool side like it was last year. I haven't made a crock pot of chili in a while, so I might have to whip that up for the gathering. That might work out better, anyhow.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Sign me up Eric :)

I'll bring the tuning tools if anyone wants a Malone tune.
Great! I just edited the first post to make people aware you are going to attend and willing to tune cars.

My wife might be coming up with me that weekend, and she told me in no uncertain terms that I'm not doing any grilling. Not sure what I'm bringing, then, but it won't be on the grill.

Hmmm. Since it's going to be October, it might be a bit on the cool side like it was last year. I haven't made a crock pot of chili in a while, so I might have to whip that up for the gathering. That might work out better, anyhow.
I think your wife will enjoy the cruise.;)

And I'm sure the guys will like the chili. It's nice to have something different.:D

mklabunde

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium

I can cook I have been known to poke around on the grill. I can bring burgers or brats I don't have a crock pot tho. Let me know I was thinking of some nice pub type burgers from a butcher shop or something like that. Figure 10 to 15 pounds of beef can make 40 to 60 burgers and some good buns. Let me know

Mark :)

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
I can cook I have been known to poke around on the grill. I can bring burgers or brats I don't have a crock pot tho. Let me know I was thinking of some nice pub type burgers from a butcher shop or something like that. Figure 10 to 15 pounds of beef can make 40 to 60 burgers and some good buns. Let me know

Mark :)
Burgers would be great! I don't think we'll need 60 burgers though;)

I'm thinking 30 burgers should do. You could always bring 10 extra to play it safe.

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
Last time, I had two party packs of Johnsonville brats, and that was just enough for everyone. That was two dozen, iirc. If I do bring my crock pot, it's going to have chili in it, so it won't be available for anything else.

mklabunde

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
Burgers would be great! I don't think we'll need 60 burgers though;)

I'm thinking 30 burgers should do. You could always bring 10 extra to play it safe.
well let me know but like I said I don't have a crock pot maybe I can swipe one from the mom but I don't know if she has one.:confused: will have to check and see not like it's tomorrow :)

Mark

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
well let me know but like I said I don't have a crock pot maybe I can swipe one from the mom but I don't know if she has one.:confused: will have to check and see not like it's tomorrow :)

Mark
Well Mark if you wanna plan on being the grill master at the gtg that would be great.:cool:

If you don't have a crock pot, there is a good chance my does.:)

3 weeks away guys till the cruise/gtg.:D

mctdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
I will plan to bring plates, cups, napkins, and plastic forks. And if chili is confirmed, bowls and spoons.

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
I will plan to bring plates, cups, napkins, and plastic forks. And if chili is confirmed, bowls and spoons.
Chili is confirmed. Bowls and spoons will be appreciated. If I remember, I'll try to bring some crackers and shredded cheese for it, too. I'll also be bringing an extension cord with a multi-outlet end on it for plugging crock pots and whatnot into.