Official Michigan Thread

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Sooo is this the official spotted thread for Michigan? Or the official snow grumbling thread? Just so we all know...

belome

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
I finally put my snows on today.

I got every last bit of tread off my summer fronts (I knew I would replace them in the spring) and this weather snuck up on me.

SSFFlood

TDI
MK4 TDI
Sooo is this the official spotted thread for Michigan? Or the official snow grumbling thread? Just so we all know...
Eh little of both? lol

I finally put my snows on today.

I got every last bit of tread off my summer fronts (I knew I would replace them in the spring) and this weather snuck up on me.
what did you end up going with tire wise?

Acoustics_Guy

TDI
2013 Passat SE
I put my snow tires on a few weeks ago. Michelin x-ice 3. Great traction, quiet, especially compared to the Hankooks. They're a bit odd at warmer temps (over 40) with a slight side to side wobble when over 65mph but nothing too horrible. In the cold, they are great handling the recent west michigan snow storms with ease. The car feels very solid and stable which is something the Hankook tires never felt like on a good day let alone in the snow.

k^2

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Sportwagen DSG - Sold back to VW. Replaced with Sportwagen 2.5 GAS
Glad to hear about the X-Ice's. I am picking up a set tomorrow for my Golf/Rabbit which is my primary winter car. It will be my first time ever on snow tires.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
Well since its both, there's a silver MK4 Jetta TDI with 15" wheels at my work everynite in Toledo... Just saying hi! As for winter tires, I ran Blizzaks last winter and they made Molly (my car) a TANK in the snow! Zero traction issues in all weather.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
SPOTTED!!! 2012ish Silver Jetta TDI with Detroit "D" on the back! Had a TDI Club license plate! Stopped and said "Hi", hope it wasn't too awkward... I had to get to work and you had to get to the dentist. I think you said your name was Dane?

xflowgolf

TDI
Not a VW ;-p
Hello Michiganders.

Daily commuter GR to Lansing. Dark gray Golf mk6 4-door. Lowered.

My plate is DEEZL.

Currently researching EGR/DPF delete options since I've had 2 no-starts the past few mornings due to intercooler icing/thawing in my garage (7F drive home, 40F garage). Dealer wants $1,100 to do the TSB since it's out of warranty. No thanks.

Currently frustrated. Guess I should've kept the ALH.

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
give Kirk a shout r90sKirk he's north of GR and may be able to help or at least give direction.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
Hello Michiganders.

Daily commuter GR to Lansing. Dark gray Golf mk6 4-door. Lowered.

My plate is DEEZL.

Currently researching EGR/DPF delete options since I've had 2 no-starts the past few mornings due to intercooler icing/thawing in my garage (7F drive home, 40F garage). Dealer wants $1,100 to do the TSB since it's out of warranty. No thanks.

Currently frustrated. Guess I should've kept the ALH.
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=415479

^^^ I saw you when you had your ALH!!!

EDIT: or maybe it wasn't you... The one I saw I'm pretty sure was spelled differently...oh well...

drrck

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS MKIV
I've had my Blizzaks on since November right before the big storm we got then. The MKIV has passed many an SUV and 4x4 on the drive across Holland in the past months.