Looking for Jetta Wagon

krazykipa

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf TDI (RIP), 2006 Jetta Wagon TDI
...in the GTA area. As title states I am looking to purchase a TDI Jetta wagon, must be manual. Budget is $4000-5000 depending on condition. The newer the better.

Holler if you know of anything? Time is of the essence...

Last edited:

Djphonics

TDI
2003 Jetta wagon
I drove to Kingston to pick mine up. There was a good looking 06 on Kijiji, but the guy wanted 5500 or something.

krazykipa

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf TDI (RIP), 2006 Jetta Wagon TDI
Dedication! Unfortunately time ran out out on my insurance rental (Golf = totaled), so I'm limited in transportation options. Managed to check out a few, like one in Peterborough, but it was too rough for my liking. And then I put a deposit down on a really nice '05 but the guy sold it out from under me... at least I got the deposit back! And somebody already nabbed TOPH_R's wagon in the FS thread...

Might end up fixing my dad's rusted out '81 300SD just to be able to get around, it's sitting dead in the water with a broken torsion bar that the W123 is notorious for.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
If you can afford it, buy a cheap Civic, get it on the road and when you find the right wagon, sell the Civic. A road worthy older Civic will hold it's value really well so there shouldn't be any money lost while you own it.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Dedication! Unfortunately time ran out out on my insurance rental (Golf = totaled), so I'm limited in transportation options. Managed to check out a few, like one in Peterborough, but it was too rough for my liking. And then I put a deposit down on a really nice '05 but the guy sold it out from under me... at least I got the deposit back! And somebody already nabbed TOPH_R's wagon in the FS thread...

Might end up fixing my dad's rusted out '81 300SD just to be able to get around, it's sitting dead in the water with a broken torsion bar that the W123 is notorious for.
There are repairs kits for the torsion bar issue on a W123 if you are comfortable with welding:

http://autotrend.activeboard.com/t1...ar-aka-sway-bar-how-to-fix-without-having-to/

Djphonics

TDI
2003 Jetta wagon
Was it a red one in Peterborough?

There were some decent golfs and sedans around the neighborhood. I saw a black 06 which had some rust issues. Not sure if the car is sold, but otherwise was in good nic.