New owner, wanted to say hi

Dax

TDI
06 Golf TDI :)
I just bought an 06 Golf TDI. I went from a 90 Jeep YJ getting 15MPG to this marvel of modern technology. I just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I have read ALOT of the older posts, and the whole FAQ so I don't have many questions now but I'm sure I will later.

See you on the road.

Dax

dave333

Veteran Member
TDI
Did own... None right now!
Welcome... I have to say hang on, 'cause the most fun part of owning a TDI is just starting... Do you have an extra credit card and have you been looking for a part time job to supply extra mod money?

I just got mine 2 months ago, it's an '06 too, but it's really an 05.5. I read North America isn't getting the new 2006 body style Golf's just yet...

Anyway, welcome and let the fun commence!

NorthernMage

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI, 6MT, Platinum Grey
Welcome to the Forum, you left coasters have the ideal climate for TDIs, except for when you head up to Whistler for some slope time. Remember to put in some additive, i.e. Power Service or Stanadyne if you are heading into the freezing zone just in case the station you filled up at didn't have winter diesel. You have got a great car, read the break in section so that you can get your engines seated right and enjoy. I would wait until you have gone through the warranty period before getting too MOD happy but its your call. Have fun and let us know how it works out....