vcds blinking while logging

muzy

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta TDI
As I am a new owner of this tool. It is the first scanner I have ever owned.
While familiarizing myself with it I thought to run some logs. I noticed the green light in the KII plug was flashing red/green quite rapidly. Is this normal? It appears to be logging ok.
And while I am at it I do not have a Bentley manual. Is there information available on how to best use the VCDS tool. Hopefully I can generate some logs to get Jetta up to 45+ mpg.
Any help would be great.
Glen

Powder Hound

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'00 Golf 4dr White 5sp, '02 Jettachero 5sp, Wife's '03 NB Platinum Gray auto(!)
... Hopefully I can ... get Jetta up to 45+ mpg.
Any help would be great.
Glen
If you have a 5-speed, then just do the normal stuff - set it as close to 'stock' as possible for everything, and you'll be there. If you have an autobox, then drive slow (under 60mph) on the highway and if you have a tailwind, you should get close to 48.

Is the 48mpg in your info a dream or are you already at your goal?

You will find that winter mileage, particularly in town, takes a nosedive due to the cold. Sorry, but that is physics.

Cheers,

PH

muzy

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta TDI
Guess I should up date that mpg I entered. It was the first trip for it after I bought it went 964 km on 50 liters of fuel. Now after TB service (yup rollers and WP).
On the way home cel was lit always, car went into limp mode very quickly. I forget what code it was showing. But car was not running great so I thought once it was up to par. 50mpg would be no prob. Only doing 750 k per fill now.
BTW it is a 5 speed Phil.
I have a few concerns with what vcds is showing. But I need to learn more about what info I am gathering before I ask questions.

Example timing is reading 4.9 before TDC. But car is running a bit cold so will change thermostat and go from there.
Glen