Mercedes cdi

KROUT

persona non grata
I was heading south on 95 the other day. I saw a mecedes cdi in front of me. He was driving around 85 to 90mph. I was very impressed when he floored the go pedal and took off with no smoke at all. I really wanted to race him but I had my son in car and would not. I just thought it was a very clean burning diesel. At 90mph he took off like a rocket.

NegativeEd

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta Dieselgate
I ran into a dude at the pump a while back. He opened the hood so I could ooh and ahh... I asked him what his real milage was... 32 mpg with that big V6. Not bad.

Ed

fastvicar

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, Indian Red
NegativeEd said:
I ran into a dude at the pump a while back. He opened the hood so I could ooh and ahh... I asked him what his real milage was... 32 mpg with that big V6. Not bad.

Ed
Ed,

That one was the new V6 CDI? I haven't seen one yet. My father's I6 CDI has too much plastic shrouding over it to evoke any kind of emotional response.

FlintCDI

That me!

KROUT-
If that was a light grey colored car that's me, there are only two others around Jacksonville that I know of and see with frequency. And since I usually run about those speeds on 95 on my frequent runs to the world golf village. That car will still put you back in you seat from 80-120 mph. It's a blast and hard to keep my foot out of it. If we ever meet up I'll let you take if for spin.:cool:

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
I am stuck in CARB land and don't have the opportunity to see the new V6. :( However, I did happen to notice two slightly used (inline 6) CDIs at one of the local Benz dealerships.

onehotspud

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I saw a Mercedes CDI in Englewood, FL last week Thursday (4/6/2006) at Middle Beach. I was hoping to see the owner.. but I did not.

roncace

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Spice Red
NegativeEd said:
...32 mpg with that big V6. Not bad.

Ed
Ed; are you sure it was a V6? Mercedes USA web site still lists the inline 6 as the current model.

I know of two ways it could have been a V6: either it was a company car (Mercedes demo/execs car), or it was a European model brought in by a diplomat/military attache. I actually saw one of the latter (although it was an ML320 diesel, not the E320) being driven by an Italian military attache in northern VA, near DC.

Bob

FlintCDI

The 2007 MY with the V6 with the BLUETEC®will be released mid July this year. This was from a formal MBUSA press release. There very well could be a few running around stateside.

KROUT

persona non grata
FlintCDI said:
KROUT-
If that was a light grey colored car that's me, there are only two others around Jacksonville that I know of and see with frequency. And since I usually run about those speeds on 95 on my frequent runs to the world golf village. That car will still put you back in you seat from 80-120 mph. It's a blast and hard to keep my foot out of it. If we ever meet up I'll let you take if for spin.:cool:
I think it was grey. I saw it heading south on 95 friday march 31(south of 295).

FlintCDI

The only other two around are champagne colored and black. I make that run at least 4 times a week. It's nice b/c its usually during the day and traffic is light so I can let here stretch her legs.;)

samspock

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2005, Shadow Blue
I see about one a week around here and always think the same thing: Get back here with my car!

KROUT

persona non grata
If you drive around 90 plus then it was you. I saw a blue one in st agustine a few days ago.

Drivbiwire

Zehntes Jahr der Veteran
TDI
2013 Passat TDI, Newmar Ventana 8.3L ISC 3945, 2016 E250 BT, 2000 Jetta TDI
The 2007 CDI's will come with "BLUETEC" on the trunk instead of "CDI". This is how you can tell the V6 CDI from the I6 CDI's.

By the way a TDI won't be able to keep up with the Benz...My wife dusted me the other day while we were heading home in seperate cars...yes I'm chipped and I still had no chance of keeping up :D

DB

fase2000TDI

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jettawagon TDI; 2015 GSW 6MT
i ran into a cdi on the highway today with ontario plates. i was driving my grandmother back from FL. i think i was in NC or SC.. on 95 or 77.. so many roads. yeah.. but definitely a snowbird who stays in FL for the winter.

KROUT

persona non grata
Drivbiwire said:
The 2007 CDI's will come with "BLUETEC" on the trunk instead of "CDI". This is how you can tell the V6 CDI from the I6 CDI's.

By the way a TDI won't be able to keep up with the Benz...My wife dusted me the other day while we were heading home in seperate cars...yes I'm chipped and I still had no chance of keeping up :D

DB
Your tdi may not be able to. I think mine would do well agaist one. I looked at the stats for the engine they dont have much more.

But your right he would outrun me with cleaner exhaust.lol

Last edited: