2003 Golf TDI For Sale $1000 - Oak Hill, WV - Needs a Fuel Injection Pump!

johnnypwv

TDI
2003 Golf
Hello everyone. I have a silver 2003 Golf TDI with automatic transmission (about 139,000 miles I believe). We had a serious cold spell this past January (like sub-zero for a couple of straight days). I believe that the diesel fuel gelled up and screwed up the fuel injector pump.

After the car wouldn't start we had it towed to a local mechanic. He got the car started but fuel was pouring out of the pump. It was removed, sent away to be re-sealed and re-installed. That didn't work. The car started again, but the pump housing was shot and diesel still leaked from the pump. The mechanic called around and the only pump with a warranty was available from a VW dealer - for $1800!

That was unacceptable for me. I started calling around to salvage yards and found one for $250. I bought it and had it shipped to the mechanic. He installed the salvaged pump. The car started and ran great for about 3 minutes. After that, the pump started making an awful noise and locked up. He shut off the car immediately and checked out what happened. The pump obviously is shot, and in addition to this, the gear that attaches to the timing belt now is damaged. It sheared at the anchor bolts.

The mechanic swears that the pump was installed properly according to specific directions and that the car did not jump time. He insists that the car can be fixed if he gets a new pump, gear and bolts.

I'm over it. My wife and I don't work on cars and don't feel like there is anyone that we can take this car to locally who can competently work on TDI engines. Right now we are $1000 in on this repair situation and I'm sick of throwing money into the hole.

I am interested in breaking even and selling the car to someone who is capable of repairing this thing. Buyers do so at their own risk! The car has a clear title and the buyer should be prepared to come get the car in Oak Hill, WV. Interested parties can call me at 304-640-2417 or email johnpetretich@gmail.com. Thanks!

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
Sold to me. Car has a perfect body. Thax johnnypwv. Might re-sell after I fix it. PM me

jpg_jetta

TDI
2001 MK4 Jetta
Wow, totally missed this. Let me know when you get it fixed. I have some family that has been looking for an auto golf.