What did you do to your car today?

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Ordered in a new water pump--old one is leaking like crazy with 30,000 miles on it. :rolleyes:

beachkokopelli

Veteran Member
TDI
VW 2003 Beetle
Added 18" OZ black Ultraleggers today. Put OEM's from car in spare bedroom. Wife asked why my "motorbike wheels" were on the floor messing up the carpet!!!!!

TheWheel

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Indigo Blue PD 5M
Got rid of some extra junk and hoses that someone left in the engine bay, installed DieselGeek EGR Delete Kit where they used to be. Found and fixed a boost leak. Bought and installed a new hood latch because hood wouldn't close after doing the other things.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Installed Dieselgeek G60/VR6 clutch kit. Now ready for a chip and some serious torque.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Just installed two tiny lawnmower fuel filters: one to quiet down the boost gauge and one at the end of the hose that runs into the air filter: The VR6 filter box top doesn't have a port for it.

lespaulman16

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 VW Golf TDI
last sunday i pulled the ic piping and intercooler and pressure tested it all for leaks, last night and today i am installing a boostguage, a pillar pod, and perfect match lighting... also installed led interrior lighting... woot woot. o yeah, also cleaned my airfilter for the heck of it... it must have added 57 hp.

madman91

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi--upgraded to a wrx
Left Coast Resident said:

Yesterday I let my 16 year old take his driving test in it. He passed, although I thought perhaps not, as he and the examiner were gone 20 minutes. Highlights: 1) when he started it up, the examiner said "Oh, it's a diesel" (as opposed to "your car is awfully loud, is making funny noises, etc."), and 2) coming out of the DMV parking lot at the start of the test my son said he accidentally spanked it, causing the examiner to reach over and grab the wheel so he wouldn't aim for the parked cars.
I passed my driving test in a Jetta TDI as well. :)

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
I put new shift bushings in the 87 cabriolet. Wow what a difference.

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Not today, but this past weekend:

1) Changed oil/filter;

2) Changed fuel filter;

3) Replaced front brakes with Brembo slotted rotors and Akebono ceramic pads from BleachedBora;

4) Added EuroSport upper and lower stress bars;

5) Flushed brake lines with fresh ATE Super Blue;

6) Repainted my drums;

7) Chased and found two oil leaks (oil filter and turbo oil drain);

8) Took photos to update my website:

I had hoped to install braided brake lines. But I couldn't get the factory ones off. I opted to stop before I stripped something. I'll find help. Still to come: Lift pump, KERMA A3 downpipe, and a series of hybrid turbo testing. :cool:

I'm sore from all the crawling around. ;)

TDI_Convert

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 5 sp., 2003, Silver/Grey Int.
I (well, Mark of Diesel did most of the work, and John helped a bunch at the right time) installed the Dieselgeek Deluxe TB kit, OMI and deleted the balance of the EGR cooler this past weekend. While boost seems relatively the same, the car seems smoother. Thanks guys! You too CoolWht! ;)

MWVDUB

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI
I drove my Jetta TDI 624 miles today. The only problem was the fuel economy but maybe I should blame that on my right foot and not the car.

jbrone

Veteran Member
TDI
R.I.P.: '98 Jetta TDI
Well over the last three days, I had Jeff install RC2/3 to compliment my PP520's, enjoyed the super-smooth power, and washed and freshly waxed the Sooty Snowball. Now I enjoy her even more.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Swapped out the .681 5th for a .717 (more load carrying pull) and put on a hood guard; washed, vacuumed, put in summer mats.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDI
Yesterday I drove through two tanks of fuel, 1,200 miles. Fond du Lac WI to Boston. Yikes.

Scott58

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat, 01 Golf
Sat-97 Passat: Installed the RC2 chip that came in the mail. Now that made a difference. (Good thing:D)

Sun-96 Passat: replaced the gaskets on all four door handles, gave it a bath.

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
I finally put a reisistor inline with the "Perfect Match" LED thats in my Stewart Warner EGT gauge. It was twice as bright as all the other dash lights. The gauge has a different back plane in it (much more translucent compared to the SW boost gauge) I've had a potentiometer in series with it for over a year and finally measured the resistance of it and put the right resistors in series with it.

Also soldered the brass elbow/nipple shut on the back of my boost gauge then drilled a 0.040" hole in it. Got rid of the buzzing (I tapped my intake manifold right above the runners - best place to see spikes, and best place to make a gauge buzz also). The needle still wiggles a bit, but does not make any audible noise anymore.

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
I did the full Job of EGR delete and EGR cooler delete on My Golf. Not too hadr of a job (thanks Jasontdi for bailing me out when I couldnt figure out where that ONE DAMN BOLT IS!!) So I got more parts in a box I have taken out of my TDI. what next?

Eric B

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 2015 Jetta, 1984 Wabbit TD, 1986 RX7 waiting on AHU swap
Put a 2.5" SS exhaust CAT back w/o muffler on with my Borla Tip.

mydeathbynapalm

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS, 2002, Reflex Silver
Today...looked at my clean Golf. Yesterday...finished modifying an 8v VW single plenum intake manifold w/ long runners(@ 10-12" I believe) (thankfully already have the D-ports). Required a bit of cutting/grinding/sanding to say the least. As did the EGR block-off plate...nut... Now to modify the OMI (cut the mount arms off...grind smooth...repaint), get an upper IC pipe made...and...lots of other stuff...heh

Last edited:

NathanMSL

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2005, PD100, white
I'm dropping mine off to have the 6speed refreshed with new synchros and selector forks. While its open we're throwing in a Peloquin. :D

Lets see

1. Oil change
2. Oil analysis
3. New MAF
4. New struts for the hatch

Thats it for now.