strut bearings going out???

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
Anyone that installed lowering springs start to get popping sounds while turning slow while parking? My guess it's the strut bearings going out. Installed springs at 13k, and now at 28k.

--Ry

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
did you replace the struts to accommodate the lowering springs?

Also what springs did you use? I've heard of swaybar end links going out as well. Disconnect the end links to rule those out.

alext91

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6MT Pano (Sold), 2015 Golf S 4DR 6MT (Sold), 1999.5 Jetta TDI Tornado Red (Sold)
I have a sound when doing what you describe, but mine is more of a creaking sound. I installed the TTRS solid strut mounts and they have done this since day 1. I hadn't considered that it could be sway bar links, but I will look into that. I can actually feel mine through the pedals when I have the clutch pedal to the floor and turn the wheel while stopped.

AGOODHI

Veteran Member
TDI
MKVII GSW, MKVI Golf
did you replace the struts to accommodate the lowering springs?

Also what springs did you use? I've heard of swaybar end links going out as well. Disconnect the end links to rule those out.

Everything stock except for H&R sport springs since I had low miles when I installed. I'll have to check links next time I'm under there. Thanks.

--Ry

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I think my strut mounts squeak when sitting still and sawing the wheel back and forth.

I do have super pro LCA poly bushings that I want to try to install, just gotta man up and buy that bench press at HF for $80.