www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Mid-west USA

Mid-west USA Local discussions for those on the Mid-West US. ( Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri)

Old December 4th, 2010, 08:28   #1
D-Cell_Mekanick
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 45ish
Default Post holiday GTG at Hooters in Fox Valley Aurora Jan 8th?

Is anyone interested in getting together at Hooters in Aurora on January 8th maybe 6pm or so? (I was going to post this up about three weeks ago but I've been busy with work and family obligations.) I tried to do this before but it seemed as though no one was interested.
Let me know if your interested and we can get this set up.

Happy Holidays!

Edit:

I had a scheduling conflict with this date and a birthday party for my daughter. So unfortunately I won't be making it to the GTG. But please don't let this stop you guys from continuing on with it.

I hope to do this again in the near future. Again sorry.

Jason

Last edited by D-Cell_Mekanick; December 14th, 2010 at 15:44.
D-Cell_Mekanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2010, 10:39   #2
AndySRT
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2010 cup car

well as a new TDI owner I should be able to make this.
AndySRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 17:09   #3
05.tdi.guy

Fuel Economy: Avg 40+

I am going to mark my calendar and plan to show as well. Please confirm as we get closer. Looking forward to catching up with like minded TDI owners.
05.tdi.guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2010, 15:49   #4
oswegoPD
Veteran Member

I will try and make it.

Eric
oswegoPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2010, 13:07   #5
All of Us
Ian's Dad

Jason, et al:

I've also put this GTG on my calendar. Looking forward to seeing familiar faces and meeting new folks too!

Dan
'03 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath" Reflex Silver, M5
All of Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2010, 08:16   #6
D-Cell_Mekanick
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by All of Us View Post
Jason, et al:

I've also put this GTG on my calendar. Looking forward to seeing familiar faces and meeting new folks too!

Dan

Thats awesome, this has already gotten more interest than last year did!

I can taste the wings already.
Old December 9th, 2010, 17:11   #7
BKmetz
Administrator, Member #10

Fuel Economy: 50 MPG

I'm open so at this point it's all weather permitting.

Now we have to get DZ in on this.

Brian, 2015 Passat SE TDI 6MT
Kathy, 2014 Passat SE 2.5
Chris, 2015 Passat SEL TDI

If ANYONE receives a PM/email from a TDIClub member shilling anything and they are NOT a registered vendor, please forward the PM/emails to me. To report spam, trolling, or any problem post, click the report post icon. (The icon in the actual problem post, not the one in my sig. The idiots know who they are... )
BKmetz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2010, 13:55   #8
scurvy
Good Ol' Boy

TDI(s): 2006 Golf
Fuel Economy: ☠☭

I'm in. The food is crap, the waitresses interchangeable and sporting Oompa-Loompa spray tans, but at least the conversation should be bearable!
scurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 17:13   #9
D-Cell_Mekanick
Veteran Member

I'm glad to see the interest this year, it will be a fun time for sure. But right now I'm at wits end trying to figure out my daughters b-day party, her B-day is new years eve. We where to have her party for her school mates and friends on the 2nd, but it appears there is a scheduling conflict at the place we where supposed to have her party at. So as of right now I'm not sure if I will be able to make the 8th GTG???
Idk, we are pulling our hair out now trying to find another location for the party, we want it on the 2nd. But have only been able to find places to rent out on the 8th so far.
I'll let you all know if we can find a place. Otherwise the GTG can still go on without me or we can reschedule it. Sorry for the crappy news.
Old December 12th, 2010, 17:54   #10
Z-MAN1

working on shift that day i cannot attend, but would if i wasnt working maybe next time .

Happy Holidays to all of you and yours......
Z-MAN1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2010, 15:41   #11
D-Cell_Mekanick
Veteran Member

Unfortunately I wasnt able to get another day scheduled for my daughters B-day party but the 8th. So I wont be making the 8th GTG . It seems that the place had double booked and we where the last to make a down payment to hold the date. I guess that's what happends when your wife can't make up her mind where she wants the party!

So I guess just go ahead with it guys and hopefully we can do this again some time in the near future. If by chance it doesnt happend then maybe we can reschedule for a late date. Either way is just fine by me.

Jason
Old December 14th, 2010, 16:19   #12
All of Us
Ian's Dad

Volks:

I'm flexible on the date for this GTG. I think the person who initiated the idea should be able to attend so unless someone else strongly objects we ought to let Jason pick a date to reschedule this gig. Thoughts anybody?

Dan
'03 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath" Reflex Silver, M5
All of Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2010, 17:03   #13
D-Cell_Mekanick
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by All of Us View Post
Volks:
I'm flexible on the date for this GTG. I think the person who initiated the idea should be able to attend so unless someone else strongly objects we ought to let Jason pick a date to reschedule this gig. Thoughts anybody?
Dan

I do appreciate that Dan, but I feel as though if people show up I have helped accomplish something.

I say I won't be able to make it, that's because we have some family coming to the party. If they don't come back to the house afterwards or don't stay that long, I still maybe able to make a portion of the GTG. BIG and I mean BIG maybe, but I seriously doubt it. So I just plan on not makeing it.

Jason
Old December 14th, 2010, 18:09   #14
scurvy
Good Ol' Boy

TDI(s): 2006 Golf
Fuel Economy: ☠☭

Ditto with Dan - I'm flexible for dates. The following weekend is the NAIAS in Detroit so that one is out, and it looks like my trip to the UK has been pushed back to February (for now). Plenty of other dates available to pick that you can attend, Jason!
scurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2010, 18:24   #15
D-Cell_Mekanick
Veteran Member

Ok
Let me look at the calendar, if any others have the same feelings then I'm good with changing the date. I would just hate to change it of everyone is already set on that date (I already feel like a jackass for having to say I cant make my own GTG). But I guess stuff happends for a reason. Maybe we will get more people to show up on another date?
Let's just stop and listen for a few days before anything changes. If there are no objections, I would love to change the date so I may attend. But like I said, I'm ok with it going on without me also.

Maybe someone will suggest a different place to meet in the meantime also (as I guess beautiful tan waitress' in skimpy cloths doesn't make every man happy, lol).