Help Identify This

ejallison1

Veteran Member
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU, 97 Passat TDI AAZ, 04 Golf TDI PD, 01 NB TDI ALH
While changing out the 109 relay this fell out under the dash and would like to know what it is.
[/url][/IMG]
Did a quick search and seems like this JBS technologies made remote start units but I don't have a remote for it. Is this something that VW put on the car. Thought perhaps it was for a cd player.
Changed out the battery today and again saw this. Would like to know what it is for:
[/url][/IMG]
Thanks

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
The first device is (I believe) an aftermarket alarm of some sort, I ran across one by the same company today in a box of junk left in a 42x70 building I just bought. I didn't look very closely at it but it looks familiar with another I saw years ago.

The second is a vacuum solenoid valve that controls vacuum to the AC recirculation flap actuator. If you follow the vacuum line it goes around back and into the car right where the heater hoses connect to the firewall.

Steve

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
its a piece of trash from the 90's, throw it away lol

Phi1osopher

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 B4V TDI Passat Wagon
The first device is (I believe) an aftermarket alarm of some sort, I ran across one by the same company today in a box of junk left in a 42x70 building I just bought. I didn't look very closely at it but it looks familiar with another I saw years ago.

The second is a vacuum solenoid valve that controls vacuum to the AC recirculation flap actuator. If you follow the vacuum line it goes around back and into the car right where the heater hoses connect to the firewall.

Steve
100% correct