Golf Sportwagen Travall Pet Barrier Install

brownnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW TDI, 2011 JSW TDI & 2018 Atlas 2.0T S
I bought a new 2015 TDI GSW less than a week ago but have not let my pup ride in the back because I didn't want him hopping over into the rear seats and being a distraction to me like he was in my previous car.
I was surprised that I couldn't purchase a pet barrier from VW as an accessory so I figured that I would have search for an aftermarket one. My previous experience with aftermarket pet barriers was a universal one that could damage my headliner and a net that my dog was able to nudge through.
As I was looking for a pet barrier, I wanted it to have several characteristics:
  1. Solid construction
  2. Rattle-free
  3. Something my dog couldn't push his way through
  4. Not intrusive and taking up excess space in my cargo area
  5. Still allowed good visibility from the rear view mirror
  6. Something that looks like it would come from the factory.
My online search brought me to the Travall website. It was appealing that their pet barrier were not a one size fits all and were actually designed for your vehicle and not "close enough." And the price was surprisingly affordable compared to the European ones you can get if you happen to live there.
I made a command decision and ordered it (TDG1407) on Thursday and it arrived on Monday (4 days later).

Last edited:

brownnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
Here is how it was delivered

As you can see, it was packaged very well to prevent any damage or scratches from shipping and handling.

Last edited:

brownnugen

Veteran Member
TDI
Here are pictures of the installation. It literally only took me about 15 minutes after I got everything out of the box. Yeah, the instructions were pretty easy to follow and thorough.

The pet barrier allows the cargo cover to easily fit back on and function as it should.

Here is a view from the driver's seat

And another one if you aren't depending on your backup camera.

Last edited: