E-Code Headlights on '01 Jetta

dok

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 B4V
Installed a pair of e-codes today. Car came w/ european light switch(front/rear fog lights), Checked all fuses, but fog lights will not turn on. Any suggestions?:confused:

David

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
As 'Dorf is eluding to, you need a foglight wiring harness and need to run it from the headlights to the headlight switch, otherwise they're just pretty looking and not much use! :D

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
IE, the wireing between the headlight switch, and the front and rear fogs isn't preinstalled on your car.

-Jason

dok

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 B4V
Ed's TDI said:
As 'Dorf is eluding to, you need a foglight wiring harness and need to run it from the headlights to the headlight switch, otherwise they're just pretty looking and not much use! :D
Sure are pretty looking;), but I'll buy the harness and make them useful. Thanks for help.

David

Joe_Meehan

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB TDI, 2002.5, Silver
dok said:
Installed a pair of e-codes today. Car came w/ european light switch(front/rear fog lights), Checked all fuses, but fog lights will not turn on. Any suggestions?:confused:

David
Are you pulling out the switch? Does the fog lamp come on on the switch? I believe you also need to have at least the parking lights to get the Fogs on.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Judging by the original poster's reply, he hasn't purchased or installed a foglight wiring harness. Since this is the case, it wouldn't matter if he pulled the switch out into the foglight position or not, the foglights wouldn't magically turn on without any wiring.

Paramedick, I agree that MM's wiring harness is a pretty decent product. Just goes to show that even us Canucks can do something right! :D

Last edited:

dok

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 B4V
Foglight wiring kit was in the mail when I arrived home from work. Installed by flashlight without too much trouble:rolleyes: . What a difference they make. Rear fog kit in tomorrow.:rolleyes:

Last edited: