Uploaded: 9/19
docs approved: 10/18
Offer letter: 11/20
Notarized letter uploaded: 11/21
Trade in Scheduling: TBD

JMugmon

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
The good news is it looks like financed cars are finally getting out of the gridlock. Of the 12 documenting in the spreadsheet it seems consistently taking a full 30 days to get the offer once the documents are accepted. Since we are certain that they have different processing times for paid off, private and VW financed and lease cars it would be nice to have a stat graphic showing this. best - j

Mike.

TDI
2011 Golf - Returned to VW
I noticed that up until the 17th VW was processing owners notarized final offer letters very quickly. I uploaded on the 17th and now it seems everyone is in wait mode and they have slowed down on letting people schedule appointments for return.

Can anyone confirm how many business days VW will be working this week with Thanksgiving this week?

Mike

johnmharte

TDI
2013 JSW TDI - 6MT/Nav/Pano
Well that's great if they are slow on processing the notarized letters upon upload back to VW Claims. I was hoping to get this all done during the holidays. :0

Today is the 14th business day since they accepted our documents. In theory, when we talked to the claims line yesterday, I should have the offer in hand today. We have notary friends ready and will have that documented signed/notarized/back to VW in minutes. ;) Perhaps all for naught.

Updated the spreadsheet with our details.

I downloaded a copy of the spreadsheet to manipulate the data, and not damage the google sheet.
It looks like two people got to schedule their pickup time on 11/21.

Last edited:

Smallz

TDI
2015 VW Passat
Just got my offer letter this morning. Will get it signed and notarized today after work. I've updated on the spreadsheet.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Can anyone confirm how many business days VW will be working this week with Thanksgiving this week?
No, we can't. We know that they aren't required to be staffing the phones in Wed-Fri, but we have no indication that document processing or notification follow the same schedule as phone staffing.

tkdcmpedude

TDI
2015 Golf S
Hearing the results from above is encouraging that I should be seeing mine here soon given that they were approved on 10/18.

-tkd

ivebeeneverywhere

TDI
2011 JSW 6MT (buyback someday)
I can't access it, I'm going to try again when I get home. The process seems to have no structure. For some it's quick for others not so much. And they removed the part about the 10 business days from the claims site.

Docs Submitted - 10/17
Docs Approved - 11/1
Offer Letter - ????

TDiZombie

TDI
Golf
Google drive is s l o w and not letting me d/l. I will try later. In the meantime, I have 2 payments left through VWoA Credit. And waiting for "determining if eligible and eligibility" like some wanna-be prom date! :p

Mike.

TDI
Either the spreadsheet is corrupt or it s being hammered. I am unable to open the file.

*zepman

TDI
Former 2012 Passat TDI SEL Current: 2014 e250 Bluetec
Just added mine, just my luck the office notary is on vacation.
However, my car is at the dealer getting an oil change, i hope the dealer has a notary

received buyback letter today!!!
financed thru VW Credit.

arwright

TDI
'15 Passat SE TDI '15 Golf Sportwagen S TDI
There's nothing wrong with the spreadsheet. The reason you're having issues getting in to is that there is a limit to how many people can use it at one time.

Mike.

TDI
There's nothing wrong with the spreadsheet. The reason you're having issues getting in to is that there is a limit to how many people can use it at one time.
That is amazing. I am able to get into it now but a quick search on the net shows that google docs allows for 50 concurrent users on a google docs file. That is a whole lot of people either looking, downloading, or editing that file.

lorindol

TDI
had 2014 Passat SE w/Sunroof
:) Just got a "Wow, this file is really popular! It might be unavailable until the crowd clears" message when trying to access the spreadsheet.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
It isn't just using it, really - just having a browser tab open pointing to the thing causes activity because it wants to constantly update.

I should look - perhaps there is a way to tell it to freeze updates or some such. But the easy thing is that if people aren't using it, close the browser tab.

Kerosene Burner

TDI
2006 Passat TDI sold, 2009 Jetta TDI sold, 2014 Passat TDI SEL Premium Plus
Interesting, they removed the 10 day timeframe for making the final offer after the documents were accepted.

giovane

TDI
13 Passat TDI SEL
Apparently the first confirmed appointments are scheduled for tomorrow 11-23. Can't wait to hear about the whole experience.

TDIsoup

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat
I can't access the spreadsheet, but so far I'm
VW Loan
9/20 Upload
10/20 Accepted
11/22 Final Offer
11/22 Final Offer Letter Notarized and Submitted

Now I wait.

Last edited:

JMugmon

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
Interesting, they removed the 10 day timeframe for making the final offer after the documents were accepted.
I was told, by VW, that they are no longer promising a time frame for buy-back offers. They discovered that they were unable to meet the 10 and 30-day timeline they had promised and currently are not provide an estimate.

lorindol

TDI
had 2014 Passat SE w/Sunroof
I'm not getting a good connection to the spreadsheet - keep getting a trying to reconnect message (and it says there are 84 viewers right now) so I will try again during the night - hopefully it will be less busy.

Anyway, submitted my docs 10/15, docs were accepted 10/25, got my offer letter today (11/22), and got it notarized and uploaded back to the claim site today. This was for a 2014 Passat SE, financed through VW Credit, and located in CA.

CK_TDI

TDI
11 Golf
2011 Privately Financed with <$5K owed

09.21 Documents Uploaded
10.17 Documents Accepted
11.21 Offer Letter
11.22 Offer Letter notarized and Submitted

blondeshady2001

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 BGM DSG TDI 4DR
I was told, by VW, that they are no longer promising a time frame for buy-back offers. They discovered that they were unable to meet the 10 and 30-day timeline they had promised and currently are not provide an estimate.
Yep, that seems to be the trend here. If you look in the portal and you're on green check steps 13-15... in the paragraph at the top, they've removed the 10 day timeline verbiage.

*zepman

TDI
Former 2012 Passat TDI SEL Current: 2014 e250 Bluetec
as i was getting the form notarized, I saw the buyback guy at the Dealership VW of Santa Monica, he asked if i had any questions... ha ha ha, and said comeback and see me... oh i will mister

cracklepop

TDI
2009 Jetta sedan, manual trans.
I just received a call from my bank regarding a letter they received from VW regarding my pay off. The gears are moving.

cracklepop

TDI
Also, the spreadsheet won't come up. After reading that it may be due to activity then either there are just that many people "using" the spreadsheet at one time OR the spreadsheet is being pulled up and the tab is left "open all day!" whereby blocking everyone else. Therefore, if you are inputting information or looking around the spreadsheet please close it when you are finished but, please don't leave the page open all day.

cracklepop

TDI
I just saw that I'm still a "newbie"?? After being on this site for a year and a half, changing my timing belt & water pump from the info from this site, when am I no longer a noob? ...tough crowd :)