2012 JSW TDI - Heated Seats don't work?

luvthediesel

TDI
2013 JSW TDI 6 Speed Manual - Stage 2 Malone & BuzzKen Exhaust Wife's Ride - 2014 Passat TDI AT W/ .5 Stage Tune & BuzzKen Exhaust
Hey All- I just purchased my 2012 Jetta Sportwagen last week and I have a stupid issue that I am already dealing with... neither the driver nor the passenger heated seats work at all. You press either button and the 3 lights come on and stay on but nothing happens? Seats don't even get warm. Nothing.

Its has 60,000 miles & its a 6 speed manual and it was in a front end wreck before I bought it...

Any ideas?

luvthediesel

TDI
2013 JSW TDI 6 Speed Manual - Stage 2 Malone & BuzzKen Exhaust Wife's Ride - 2014 Passat TDI AT W/ .5 Stage Tune & BuzzKen Exhaust
Update-

I checked all the fuses and I didn't find any that were blown. I don't understand since the lights on the switch come on it seems like I should have power?
:cool:

msantram

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 SportWagen TDI DSG (Buyback 2018.01.30)
you have power to the bulbs behind the switch, not necessarily power to the seat heaters. I would start by do a VCDS scan and check to see if the seat wires are properly connected. short (ha!) of that I would pull a multimeter out and check for continuity.

ihatespeed

Veteran Member
TDI
11 tdi wagon 6mt 15 golf 6mt (Wife's) 2000 Ford 350 7.3l 6mt 4x4 (technically a TDI)
I find occasionally my seats are not warm while the lights are on, but cycling through clears it right up. I would get it scanned with vcds, it probably has a code set that may lead you in the right direction. You may also look under the seat and make sure they are plugged in, I believe there is more than one harness attachment, being its a used car its possible the seats were taken out to deal with some issue the previous owner had had enough of..