What radio is this?

bigace109

TDI
None
Hi, wondering what radio model number I have? I can't seem to find my radio layout anywhere. It has SAT, but no PHONE button. Although I can play phone calls through my bluetooth, just no dial, phone books, or acceptance ability.
What I'm after is trying to use the phone features with my bluetooth, its looking as though i will need to change my head unit to one with the PHONE button.
Yes?
http://www.amw-inc.com/IMAG1094.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
It looks like an early RCD510. I think you can get phone call and phone book through the MFD display and your steering wheel controls and also voice commands if you upgrade the bluetooth module under the passenger seat. That's what I did. I don't use the head unit for calls, even though I can on my RNS-510. My car came with a 9W2 bluetooth unit in 2010 and I replaced it with a 9W7. It works great and it's as easy as can be to swap the bluetooth units. Below is a link to a DIY. It's with an upgraded head unit too (RNS-510 Nav unit), so you'll only get the MFD and steering controls. But that's all you'll need.

DIY-9W7-Bluetooth-swap-from-9W2-on-RNS510

Last edited:

gliitch

TDI
MKVI Golf
You have an early revision (probably c) rcd 510. The phone button was added during revision AE. In order to do what you want you will need a revision AE or above head unit, and you will have to upgrade the 9w7 Bluetooth module to revision k or above as well assuming you have an older one along with the head unit.