sportwagon water drip

konati

TDI
2011 sport wagon
I had water dripping from the rear of the car. I put my finger to the spot where it was dripping there felt like a soft plug and when I pushed on it the water poured out. Could it be washer fluid for the rear window, is there a seperate tank back there?

OilBurningBrit

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW TDI DSG
There's no separate tank for washer fluid. People often report leakage from the sunroof due to plugged drains (this often pools in the spare tyre well) and also leakage of the washer fluid tube which runs to the rear wiper.

Search this site for sunroof drains (if you have a sunroof) and rear washer fluid leak.

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
Check the 2 grommets for the accordion tubes that go between the body of the car and the top of the hatch. Make sure they are completely seated and snapped in.

My car was rear-ended, and required that the tailgate be removed to be worked on. The goobers at the shop didn't snap the grommets back in for those accordion shrouds. I went to a you-hose-it car wash, and saw waterfalls INSIDE my car. Snapped them in properly and all was well.

Inside those 2 accordion tubes are a washer fluid line that runs from the front of the car, and the wiring for the hatch release, taillights, and license plate light.