400$ vagcom cable.. interface not found..

akafred

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 jetta TDI
has anyone got the vagcom cable working on 64 bit windows? I consistently get interface not found.. works on 32 bit

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Works fine here too. I have Windows 7 Professional (64 bit) and no problems. Give Ross-Tech a call tomorrow (Monday), their support is excellent, assuming you are a registered owner. They will help you figure it out.

Have Fun!

Don

akafred

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 jetta TDI
Nothing wrong with the cable. Works with 32 bit windows. Also device manager finds it, vcds software can't find it.

akafred

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 jetta TDI
Yes it is now dual boot win 7 64 and win 7 32 bit. I really only use 32bit for vcds. And yea latest.

Just a pain rebooting to 32 bit every time. Also makes my 8gig of ram useless. LOL

Santos_V

Ross-Tech AssociateVendor
What Version of VCDS are you using under 64bit?

Most of us here are running Windows 7 ultimate 64bit and do not have problems.

akafred

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 jetta TDI
Yes ultimate version. One thing I noticed is the usb3.0 driver isn't installed on my 32 bit operating system. I will try killing it on 64 bit and see what happens.

Uwe

Vendor , w/Business number
Yes it is now dual boot win 7 64 and win 7 32 bit. I really only use 32bit for vcds.
The VCDS installer installs the stuff you need for whatever version of Windows (32 bit or 64 bit) that you have running at the time you run the installer. If it works on 32-bit, then it sounds like you installed under 32-bit Windows and probably don't have a 64-bit driver installed. Try re-installing while you have your 64-bit Windows running. You may wish to choose a different folder to install to than the default, for example VCDS-64 instead of just VCDS.

-Uwe-

Uwe

You said your PC has one or more USB 3.0 ports? Does it have any USB ports that don't support USB 3.0 and have you tried those? Have you tried Beta 11.8 which comes with a newer driver which specifically addresses issues on certain machines with USB 3.0 ports?

-Uwe-

TDI_bubble

Veteran Member
TDI
98 tdi bubble
Win7/64 here and no issues, when you instal things from known sources use admin.

Uwe

Except all our stuff is signed using a Verisign Class-3 code signing certificate, and hence Windows should not treat it as being from an unknown source.

-Uwe-

akafred

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 jetta TDI
I usually install as administrator if it's mentioned in the install notes. I don't think there was any mention of this.

I could try a uninstall and reinstall as administrator but why bother it works fine by just forcing the app to run as administrator.