00309 isnt really "washer solution metering"

TDI
96 glx variant tdi
The only glitch I have to work out of this car is 00309. I have a GQ ecu in a 96 sedan into which I put a 97 drivetrain. I searched 00309 here and found this " http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=29820&highlight=00309 ". I'll figure it out eventually, but I was curious as to why Ross-Tech hasnt corrected the "title" of the code to reflect what it apparently really is, which is " fuel pump metering " or some such thing ? I've been troubleshooting the wrong side of the vehicle.

wolfsburg_de

Ross-Tech AssociateVendor , w/Business number
TDI
2012 Passat TDI 6MT
What version of VAG-COM are you using? What does the writing say on the top of your screen when you first start the program?

ninedee_golf_tdi said:
The only glitch I have to work out of this car is 00309. I have a GQ ecu in a 96 sedan into which I put a 97 drivetrain. I searched 00309 here and found this " http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=29820&highlight=00309 ". I'll figure it out eventually, but I was curious as to why Ross-Tech hasnt corrected the "title" of the code to reflect what it apparently really is, which is " fuel pump metering " or some such thing ? I've been troubleshooting the wrong side of the vehicle.

TDI
96 glx variant tdi
I'm using 607.2-UD: with a HEX + CAN Dual-K & USB Interface. The dtc 00309 was in fact caused by the fifth injector metering pump or solenoid (which wasnt there). I wired in one from another car and the code cleared.

While I have your attention, on this same vehicle, I'm having a devil of a time communicating with the ECU. I generally get a "No Response From Controller" error, along with flashing red/green interface lamp, or a sold red lamp. I switched ECU's and still have the same condition. Any ideas ?

Thanks.

Sebastian

Vendor
Thanks for the mail so far, but we need to come back to the thread you linked in your 1st post.

The author of the first post there ("valois") is wrong about the meaning of the code and this is why Ross-Tech didn't fix it - there is nothing to fix. The explanation "VW dropped the ball on this one the 3 identifies it as a catalytic problem, the 09 should indicate the component" is clearly wrong since this is NOT an OBD-II code.

Even though this fault code is actually in your ECU it is not valid to be stored their since it is not engine related and doesn't describe the actual issue. Now the question is, are we talking about a stock TDI here or is the ECU altered/chipped?

TDI
96 glx variant tdi
As far as I know, it's stock. The code 00309 apparently does belong to that fuel metering device on the 5th injector. I disconnect that solenoid, I get the code. I connect the solenoid, the code gets cleared. It also sets the CEL light to ON. I did use two different ECU's to troubleshoot, both had the same results.

DkZ

TDI
Scirocco 2.0tdi 197bhp ( 140 stock )
00309 Cleaning Solution Metering Pump (V135)

"Locate the two clear plastic fuel lines under the hood. The smaller of
the
two ends in a T-fitting beside the fender. Pull the forward-facing
black
hose off that tee, stuff something suitable down that hose to plug it,
then
reconnect it. No more supplementary injector. (You can't do it by
disconnecting the electrics, you'll get a "check engine" light.)

If it's smoking black under load, that's a different problem,
partially
clogged injectors. Get some diesel purge and run it through, following
the
directions on the package. From then on, use a small amount of ANY
type of
injector cleaner with every fill-up. I use Kleen-Flo because it's the
cheapest.

Brian P. (GoFaster)
'96 Passat TDI"

have you tried this ?

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
The post that you must have replied to was 11 years old. Hopefully the problem would have been sorted out by now.

If you actually have a bad supplementary injector valve (only applies to 1996 Passat TDI in North American spec and only with the original ECU programming), mechanically plugging the hose to that injector is not going to fix that. The original ECU programming expects the injector and the sensors on the catalyst to remain electrically connected and (as far as the ECU knows) functional.