Never had this issue

ourvw

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
Our 2011 TDI is sitting at 43k miles and has started to act funny, wife has noticed too. Seems to hiccup and flutter when just cruising along at any speed, not under acceleration. Almost acts like it's starved of fuel. Does this when it's colder out 40f and under or so it seems. I use Shell fuel and have switched to BP just in case but with no change. Have an appointment set up for next week to get the DSG service done since I was bad and waited 3k over for that. Any one have an idea?

Thanks so much!

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
The tuners can make it run correctly.
What is it that causes this issue?

I've had it intermittently for a while now and just got the emissions recall done so won't get a tune until I've used up the extended warranty.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
My gut feeling is they made the EGR duty cycle too aggressive. Perhaps also a bit more use of the throttle to force the EGR too. The tuners have already deciphered the "fix" software, so they could comment in much greater detail with far better perspective than I could.

PRY4SNO

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Touareg Execline
My gut feeling is they made the EGR duty cycle too aggressive. Perhaps also a bit more use of the throttle to force the EGR too. The tuners have already deciphered the "fix" software, so they could comment in much greater detail with far better perspective than I could.
Thanks, your help has already offered valuable insight. I have a feeling something is up with my EGR as today I got a P0401 code. Methinks they are likely related, especially after the recent emissions fix.

TDI
MK6 Golf M6
I have a 2011 TDI 6M as well. I’ve installed an aftermarket deck that pulls live engine data. I’m sitting roughly at 158000kms, and have had an issue with the car stuttering, feels like a misfire. Typically the EGT sits around 462 degrees, but since installing this deck, I’ve noticed the car does mini regens about every 5-10 minutes, egt climbs to 820 degrees. When it’s doing the mini regen, if the engine isn’t under load, the cars stutters and shakes violently. I’ve taken it to the dealer, they can’t “recreate the issue”. I don’t understand how they can’t, cause it does it to me all the time. They’ve replaced the lpfp, inter cooler and EGR valve and nothing has worked. VW Canada is saying it’s normal operation but I refuse to believe that.
Does this sound like your issue?

Wilkins

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta Wagon 5sp, 10 Sportwagen 6MT
I occasionally get a hiccup when the NOx ‘mini regen’ Starts or stops. I was getting these regularly before the fix, then my low pressure EGR exhaust flap decided to stick open. I left it that way for 9 months and didn’t get any hiccups. With the fix a new exhaust flap was installed and for the first couple of months the mini regen was very smooth.

Lately I’ve had a few hiccups. Maybe it’s related to colder weather and either a sluggish flap or the engine taking longer to warm up? Overall I think the car runs better post fix although there is a definite loss of lower rpm power and in town fuel consumption is up.

TDI
MK6 Golf M6
Since my last post my car threw a P0451 code. Emissions pressure sensor. With this code I was getting roughly 20-25% better fuel economy �� took it to the dealer, they replaced the faulty sensor the next day, car hasn’t had hiccups since. But I’ve noticed fuel consumption has gone back up.

Matt927

Veteran Member
TDI
several
I have noticed the occasional hiccup as well. More so in hot weather though.

I think Oil Hammer is spot on.