City Golf & City Jetta

ZiggyoftheNorth

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
Searches get me a shotgun blast of irrelevant information. I know the MK 4 platform was sold along side the MK 5 platform for several years in Canada. I think 07-10. The 07 cars look the same as 05. The 08 up cars had more upgrades. I think they all had an upgraded radio with a USB and input jack. The 08 up cars have rear lights and outside mirrors like a MK5. They supposedly have a style upgrade to the front too, but look similar to the normal MK4 to me looking at photos on a phone at least. Supposedly these were very basic cars and only came as a 2.0, but had some option packages available.

My question is what useful parts interchange from these? The mirrors with turn signals and the larges tail lights seem useful for better visibility. The radio seems like an upgrade too. Anything else needed to add these...wiring?...relays?

I'm thinking of hitting Ontario for a junkyard run...maybe late spring. Trying to plan ahead. (I want a factory skid plate too!):D

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I always thought these cars were kind of cool. Of course you could swap the front clip over pretty easily, I think I've seen this.

The rear would be harder as the quarter panels are clearly different. I found photos but they won't render here.

The interior doesn't look like much is changed. Stereo options like it has are available from AliExpress for under $70 shipped. Other big change is the steering wheel, and I'm sure you could find one of those

ZiggyoftheNorth

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
I always thought these cars were kind of cool. Of course you could swap the front clip over pretty easily, I think I've seen this.

The rear would be harder as the quarter panels are clearly different. I found photos but they won't render here.

The interior doesn't look like much is changed. Stereo options like it has are available from AliExpress for under $70 shipped. Other big change is the steering wheel, and I'm sure you could find one of those
Thanks. I forgot to mention the steering wheel but to me they look a lot like a New Beetle steering wheel.

The back quarters looked the same to me, but the trunk was obviously different for the lights. Then again, looking at internet photos I might have been looking at a regular MK4 with some aftermarket setup. Photos aren't always what they're labeled to be.

ZiggyoftheNorth

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
Surfing EBay and Amazon for City Jetta parts it looks like the rear brakes are 286 mm and the fronts 288 mm. Odd to be so close in size, but the tears seem like an upgrade.

For a car that supposedly sold fairly well in Canada, there is surprisingly little information or aftermarket support. Other than struts and brakes, it all seems to be universal fit widgets that come up on a search. If I go on a tour of southern Ontario, I'm either going to be thrilled or disappointed.