Quick Clarification Question - MAF Sensor Testing

Mapachurro

TDI
2004 BEW Golf GLS
Hey everybody -- SOLVED!!

For diagnostic testing only, I deleted the EGR with blank off plates. No change -- if anything, lower power.

In my searching the forums, I came across a thread involving a clogged catalytic converter, while searching for something else entirely.

So, because it would take ten minutes and was an easy thing to eliminate, I pulled the downpipe nuts off and pushed the downpipe aside. As I backed the car down off the ramps, I heard whistling I wasn't used to, and when I got out on the road and in to second gear, with no hesitation it boosted up to 16.2 pounds. The VNT-17 and the car are effing ridiculous with the downpipe disconnected, tons of power and boost -- so obviously a turboback exhaust restriction is the issue, I assume the cat.

The muffler was going to get deleted anyway, so I'm going to order a Magnaflow cat, hook it up, delete the muffler, and turbo whistle away.

As always, thank you, thank you to the TDI community. It's a fantastic thing to be a part of and a great place to learn.

Also, I'm not the only one this has happened to -- might be worth adding to the limp mode troubleshooting guides.

Pictured -- my blank off plates made out of old brake rotors...

Cheers

Sent from my BND-L34 using Tapatalk