MAF Connector

mswanson65

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI, 2007 Chevy 2500HD Durmax
Ya, so I was changing my air filter yesterday on my 2015 Q5 TDI, after putting the new filter on I was trying to push the air intake/maf pipe back into the mouth of the filter housing and I stupidly was pulling on the MAF electrical connector and cracked the connector. So I call the dealer and they said I need connector part# 4F0-973-705 even though my old connector is part#3AA-973-705. It looks like only 3 wires of the 5 pin connector are used. On mine it is Pin #1 - green wire, Pin #2 - Brown, Pin #3 - purple. They don't sell this connector as a pig tail. You have to buy a repair wire(s) that has connectors/seals at both ends and is meant to be cut in half to repair to pins. The connector was only $8 but the repair wires are $40!!! So long story short be careful pulling on this pipe when changing air filter. Any other ideas would be welcome. they have some on Ebay but I want to get my car going asap. Thanks!

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Some of the repair wires are gold plated, which is why they are so expensive, FYI. If the part number ends in 'EA' that means gold plated. I cannot say for sure if the MAF connection necessarily requires this, though.

The '3AA' and '4F0' are two sides of the same thing, male/female.

The harness side should be the 4F0 one. If in doubt, do a google image search with the part number and you should be able to find a picture. ETKA has nice color pictures too.

mswanson65

TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI, 2007 Chevy 2500HD Durmax
Thanks for the info. I had googled the 3AA and the 4F0 connectors and they looked similar except that keyed notch is swapped. On the 3AA which is what I have the keyed notch is on the side without the lock. On the 4F0 the keyed notch is on the side that has the locking mechanism. And surprisingly that agrees with what I have currently on the MAF (or is it MAP for TDI) side where it has the keyed notch on the same side as it has a step for the locking mechanism to grab. Not sure how the 3AA was staying on, maybe just the rubber seal holding it in place. Wish this wasn't all such a mystery. I suppose if I had the online manuals it would be easier to decipher... lol