Anyone local in Toronto / Mississauga

steve6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
Not much goes on for meets or stuff like that anymore, but lots of people around. This forum is a great resource to ask questions and get answers.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Learn about ALH engines?

Sorry to say that this is not like learning another language where you follow a prescribed course.

If you have a problem with your car you post it here and hope someone is there to help you.

alldaysidewayz

TDI
03 jetta
Learn about ALH engines?

Sorry to say that this is not like learning another language where you follow a prescribed course.

If you have a problem with your car you post it here and hope someone is there to help you.
Vw is a new language to me . I scratch my head all the time wondering why the hell is it designed like this

Vince Waldon

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 ALH Jetta, 2003 ALH Wagon, 2005 BEW Wagon
Volkswagen was generally an "evolution"-type car designer.

Take one design and slowly evolve it over the years, a few changes at a time

They did it with Beetles and Buses, then Rabbits, then Jettas and Golfs. Same models, year after year, but steady refinement. More or less. :)

So one way to "understand" them is to learn about the underlying design each platform evolved on.

Another clue:. they like the Lego approach... build one oil pan or bell housing pattern, use it across platforms as much as possible.

All in theory, of course. Technology and safety and regulations march on...the shift from air-cooled to water-cooled was a big disruption, for example, but the elements of the first water-cooled block persist, and the first diesel block was just a slight variation on the first gas block.

Sent from my Moto X Play using Tapatalk