What did you do to your MKVI-A6 ~2010-2014 Golf family inc Jetta SportWagen Today?

Pharcyde145

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT
Fresh oil change w/ filter, new fuel filter and new air filter. Would put the summer tires on but they keep calling for fresh spring snow storms here on the Wasatch Front, so the summer tires and bushing refresh will have to wait. Good news for me, I'll just go skin up the canyons and ski knee deep pow to burn the time away! (http://powderbuoy.com)

JELLOWSUBMARINE

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen, 6M, red/tan, navi, pano, 83 5m diesel pickup, 82 p/u trailer,.04 5.5 TDI Passat wagon (gone), 80,81,82 diesel p/u (gone), 80,82 sportruck (gone), 59 passthru bus (long gone), 79&87 westy (gone), 57 baja bug (long gone), 73 914

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Put the summers on Sunday. Got a replacement passenger side fog light in the mail yesterday that will hopefully go in if time allows tomorrow.

Wilkins

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta Wagon 5sp, 10 Sportwagen 6MT
Spring maintenance start on the Mk 6. Lubed the sunroof. All the creaks are now gone, all of them - for now.

Put my new to me 215-55-17s on. They fit and initial impressions are good.

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Q5 TDI Technik, 2014 GSW CL 6MT (RIP), 2004 Jetta GLS 5MT (sold), 2010 GSW HL 6MT (buy back)
Got the replacement fog light in last night. Sure nice have a warning light free dash this morning!

elephantrider

TDI
2011 golf tdi
in the last few weeks i've thrown a few things on.

rotiform 18x8.5
polar fis
malone stg 2 w/dsg
retinted
eonon android h.u.
new headliner
ross tech 3 vin set up

the dsg tune made a fantastic improvement.
love the car, great commuter.

jesus_man

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta (gone), 2002 Passat (gone), 2009 JSW (VW bought), 2010 JSW
And where are pics?

ShelbyRazorback

TDI
2012 Golf TDI 6MT (traded in). None at the moment.
Changed my fuel filter/canister today. Last year when I was going to change the filter, I noticed two of the screws were stripped. Instead of screwing (pun intended) around with it, I just bought a new canister which included the filter. Used VCDS to fill canister and flush out air.

ramseygoat38

TDI
2013 Golf
Bought some new wheels and ceramic coated them yesterday. Gonna do another coat this week and hopefully we don't have another snow storm.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
added my wheel spacers, stage 2 tune, dsg tune. waiting for my oils to come in so i can change them. has about 10 days till the oils been in the car a year. and dsg was serviced at 80k. but it still shifts odd when cold.

crashtested

Veteran Member
TDI
120k km - Fuel, Air, Cabin, Oil filters and fresh oil.

jesus_man

Veteran Member
TDI
Bought some new wheels and ceramic coated them yesterday. Gonna do another coat this week and hopefully we don't have another snow storm.

How is this done and for what reason? Sounds like something I may like to do.

ramseygoat38

TDI
2013 Golf
How is this done and for what reason? Sounds like something I may like to do.
You apply it similar to a wax. It adds some hydrophobic properties to whatever you apply it to so it is easier to clean. Some stuff is better than others. It should Outlast wax but the cheaper stuff is just comparable. I got the chemical guys stuff. It's performance is alright but will definitely be a couple times a year application compared to the higher end coatings that need a dealer to install them.

BMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Touareg TDI
Installed clear bra on the hood, fenders, mirrors, headlights, fogs, A pillars and top of the roof.

jesus_man

Veteran Member
TDI
You apply it similar to a wax. It adds some hydrophobic properties to whatever you apply it to so it is easier to clean. Some stuff is better than others. It should Outlast wax but the cheaper stuff is just comparable. I got the chemical guys stuff. It's performance is alright but will definitely be a couple times a year application compared to the higher end coatings that need a dealer to install them.

I didn't realize you couple apply it like a wax. I assumed it was more like a powder coat. I like the idea of better and longer lasting protection. Thanks!

ramseygoat38

TDI
2013 Golf
I didn't realize you couple apply it like a wax. I assumed it was more like a powder coat. I like the idea of better and longer lasting protection. Thanks!
The real fancy stuff you just wipe on, let sit and then rub off the excess. The cheaper stuff you get at stores works just like a wax though. The expensive stuff that needs applied by dealer means you really need to get your paint right before applying as that stuff will not come off anytime soon were as the cheaper stuff will last longer than wax but still come off if you want it to.

BMAN

Veteran Member
TDI
14 Touareg TDI
That looks very nice.
Thanks... I also have a set of new BBS wheels to install but I'm going to let the suspension settle some and get an alignment done with the stock wheels before installing the new ones.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Keep us posted on results. Im thing the stage 2 also. I wonder how it is on the DPF and how ez or hard it is to switch to stock tune.
its really easy to flash back to stock. i did it before i brought my car to the dealer to get a new tire. was never asked if it was tuned. but my Bluetooth obd2 dongle was in the cup holder when i got it back. I do also have a dsg tune.

Vpstang

TDI
Jetta Sport wagen
Time for a new clutch, new clutch in, just need to put trans back in. Just need find time to work on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttcheung

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 TDI Sportwagen 6MT
I got my DPF and EGR replaced under warranty. Car has about 187k miles, and the soot count was very high, along with a clogged EGR.

I hope the emissions fix doesn't drastically reduce the DPF longevity, as it's been a nationwide problem.