Anyone have experience with this fluid change kit or fluid for transmission?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
You do realize you need to remove the transmission and tear it completely apart to replace the filter, right? :)

All you need is some fluid, and that Jatco trans is not very picky about that. I'd just pick a name brand ATF suitable for later model cars with Jatco units or a synthetic ATF of some name brand sort, drain it and fill it. It is a Japanese transmission, it really doesn't care about German fluid. ;)

Last edited:

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
Yep, aprox 3.5 qts of typical dexron/Mercon atf fluid such as Valvoline Max life or Mobil 1 and it will get along just fine with the remaining fluid. Change it a couple times if you want to dilute the old used stuff some more.
And you don't really need to worry about breaking the retainer ring around the fill plug. It won't leak w/o it.

oilhammer

TDI
I don't even use the fill plug. I use an adapter to fill it through the check plug, same as on the 01M, 09G, etc.

oilhammer

TDI
Details.... Spill em....
Mityvac brand pressurized cylinder, and their MVA5800 ATF adapter kit. Forget how much they were, but not cheap. I use it quite a bit. Has all the adapters for VAG transmissions as well as a bunch of others.