made a mistake

dubburke

Veteran Member
TDI
seat toledo tdi 1996 white
I have just bought a Seat Ibiza with an AHU engine, but the problem is i ordered .216 nozzles (sprint) from Kerma.
I picked the car up today, and it seems to be alot quicker than standard, so i am wondering if this has been chipped?
If so would i be able to control smoke on the standard turbo with a ckipped/.216 nozzles on this engine?:confused:

dubburke

Veteran Member
TDI
I take it that a no reply means NO, and stop posting silly questions:D
Looks like i have Sprint 764,s for sale then:mad:
I suppose thats the trouble of buying cars that you dont know the history of:rolleyes:
Anyone any suggestions of what to do next:confused:

gottdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 TDI Yellow Beetle GLS
Mistake! Why do you think that? More power = Mistake!!!!!! I don't know if it was chipped or not but the larger nozzles will give it more oooomph!

Silly Questions:D Naaaah!
So you're saying you did not install the .216's but just ordered them!
To find out if it was chipped just ask the previous owner? If you can.
What to do next! Drive it and enjoy it! If the power is fine just leave it be. If you want more then install the .216's and chip the car and enjoy it.

If you have access to a vag-com you might be able to find out through that if the car has a chip. Maybe not. Maybe someone will be able to tell you how you can find out if it was chipped if you can't get info from the previous owner.

But the most important thing is to enjoy your car no matter if its stock or chipped.

NETHED

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI (Gone...but not forgotten)
dubburke;
Its Thanksgiving holiday over here in the colonies, so most people are not checking the forum as often. Thats the likely reason for no replies.

On the other thing, I'm no expert by any stretch of imagination but I'd pull the injector to see what it is. Then connect a Vag-Com and see what the ECU says.

Being a Veteran member, I assume you're going to check the timing belt, change the oil and such.:rolleyes:

dubburke

Veteran Member
TDI
Sorry everyone i wasnt meaning to sound cheeky:)
Basically, i bought the car without driving it:rolleyes: and ordered the nozzles before i picked the car up, also have bought a MBC, as my last tdi also had the .216 nozzles and 18psi on the MBC.
I know.....IDIOT, but the car sounded sweet from cold with no smoke at all, it has 112k miles and the anti freeze was pink (not water!) and all levels correct, guy was genuine but had the car only 2 months, a friend of his took it in on a part exchange (car dealer) and he bought it as a runaround.
He did say the car was nippy, but didnt question it any further.
On the way home it felt very quick compared to the standard ones i have driven in the past.
Will be doing a service asap.
Trouble is i didnt think that the older AHU/1Z engines could handle .216 nozzles with a chip, as shuddering/smoke were problems:confused: not without a bigger turbo anyway.
The turbo i have is quite loud on boost compared to my old tdi, (loud whistle)
Anyone running a chipped AHU with .216 nozzles?:)

dubburke

Veteran Member
TDI
I haven't found the fuel filter yet! its not in the normal place in the engine bay thats for sure.
Anyone any ideas?
I will take pics of the engine bay later.

RAVEN

Diesel!!! The shame Marty!!!!! :D , got rid of that Corrado heap yet??? lol

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
Folks here have run .216 nozzles no problem on AHU's. It's a matter of regulating your fueling to the amount of boost your capable of. The worst is, you may not be able to wring the most out of your nozzles, meaning fuel less than the nozzles are capable of. You'll just have fueling headroom available for when you get the urge to upgrade your turbo.

dubburke

Veteran Member
TDI
FlyTDI Guy said:
Folks here have run .216 nozzles no problem on AHU's. It's a matter of regulating your fueling to the amount of boost your capable of. The worst is, you may not be able to wring the most out of your nozzles, meaning fuel less than the nozzles are capable of. You'll just have fueling headroom available for when you get the urge to upgrade your turbo.
I know people have run .216 nozzles on An AHU engine, but were they chipped aswell?

FlyTDI Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'01 Jetta GLS
You know what... I'm pretty sure I made a boo-boo. Now that I think about it, I think it was Gofaster that ran the .216's, unchipped in an A3 for so long, not TDIMeister. You might fire off a PM to Gofaster to confirm.

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
I've had this combo on a 1z.........216's , gt15 , fmic and until the map was fine tuned it was very smokey anywhere past half throttle.

jackbombay

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A4 Jetta
FlyTDI Guy said:
You know what... I'm pretty sure I made a boo-boo. Now that I think about it, I think it was Gofaster that ran the .216's, unchipped in an A3 for so long, not TDIMeister. You might fire off a PM to Gofaster to confirm.
I think GoFaster used a reistor to raise boost a little too for the 216s.