High rpm vibration

ahsnowlover

TDI
06 Jetta TDI
I have a 06 Jetta with the BRM with 244k miles on it. Under heavy acceleration when the rpms get around 3700 I get a bad vibration. Would it be possible that a bad dog bone mount could cause it? I’ve looked underneath and did notice that the bushings in the mount are starting to crack.

tbailey4

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta, 6spd conversion. 2001 Jetta, Alh, wife's car.
I recently replaced my front and rear engine mounts and got great results in reducing vibration and engine shake. My 06 BRM 6spd had 300k when I did it. Got rid of dash rattles, shake at idle, etc. Results were so good I did my wife's 2004 BEW 5spd 165k same results. Pull your air cleaner and visual inspection may show trans mount hanging a little. Note: I used VW oem parts. Also: My 06 had a 6spd upgrade and I'm not sure the guru used the original 5spd mount or the 6 spd mount. My replacement was for the 6spd which is the same mount for the DST.

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
Have you replaced your drive axles with non OEM style axles?...i.e. are your axles a solid shaft or a tube?

ahsnowlover

TDI
06 Jetta TDI
I’ll have to look at the mounts, it made the vibration before changing the axels and I changed them since the boots were tearing and hoped it would help with the vibration. If I keep it under 3500 durning acceleration it doesn’t do it. Now that I think about it there is a little bit of vibration at idle.