DSG ticking

CaptainAF

TDI
JSW 2014
Hello,
I just got my DSG flywheel replaced and the drive home from the shop was ok but after I drove it to take the kids to school and drop off the baby I got about most the way to work and notice this ticking sounds. It seems to be persistent with revs on the transmission side.

CaptainAF

TDI
JSW 2014
New event. this seem to happen when the engine is up to temp. I tested it again after engine was cold and it does not make the ticking sound. There was some coolant loss during the flywheel install but it was less then 16 oz or so. I add Distilled water because G12 isnt something commonly found at advanced/autozone/ or wally world.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Sounds like gear rollover. Did you drain the trans. fluid? It may be a bit low. My golf 5 speed has a pronounced gear rollover tick in neutral, going to try some fresh fluid in it soon.

CaptainAF

TDI
JSW 2014
Sounds like gear rollover. Did you drain the trans. fluid? It may be a bit low. My golf 5 speed has a pronounced gear rollover tick in neutral, going to try some fresh fluid in it soon.

Well it was fine until today. It seems to have come back. I guess I could try fresh oil and filter. It seems to only happen after the motor is hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Almost sounds like something is rubbing against the flywheel. I'd check the sheet metal port cover to see if it got bent and is making contact.

CaptainAF

TDI
JSW 2014
Almost sounds like something is rubbing against the flywheel. I'd check the sheet metal port cover to see if it got bent and is making contact.

Yeah after watching a few install videos I was thinking the same thing, but didnt know if something moves after it get hot because thats the only time so far it happens.

CaptainAF

TDI
JSW 2014
Tossed caution to the wind and took her on a 300 trip to Indiana. No more ticking noise after running for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk