FOUND!! New "old" lights

Intech

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, 1999.5 Golf 2 dr
What I mean by that, is that after almost thirty years, I have found the auxiliary lights, that I used to have, but unfortunately, until now, have been unable to find, ever since Wagner bought Cibie Lighting. They are the Cibie 175 for driving lights, and the Cibie’ 195 clear for fog lights. In the past decades, because I do a lot of driving, I have spent literally thousands of dollars on lighting, but never came close to the performance of Cibie’s. Only Hella came a bit closer, but nowhere near as good. I knew that someplace on this planet, there HAD to be those lights, and with the help of a friend of mine, we found them in France, brand new, still in the original boxes. I received the 175’s yesterday, and will get the 195’s next week. What makes these lights so spectacular, is their design, especially their fluting. The 175’s specs are: 6000’ reflective range, and 11 degree vertical and 16 degree horizontal fluting. The 195 fogs have a 500’ reflective range and are 10 degrees vertical and 92 degrees horizontal. With these fogs, when properly mounted and aimed, as per Cibie’, you can safely do between 45 and 55 mph in pea soup fog. I know because I used them on my wife’s Benz, and believe me when I was told this by a BMW owner, I was skeptical. But they are fantastic. The 175’s basically replace the sun after dark.

brnsgrbr

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GOLF GTI converted to GTD
What I mean by that, is that after almost thirty years, I have found the auxiliary lights, that I used to have, but unfortunately, until now, have been unable to find, ever since Wagner bought Cibie Lighting. They are the Cibie 175 for driving lights, and the Cibie’ 195 clear for fog lights. In the past decades, because I do a lot of driving, I have spent literally thousands of dollars on lighting, but never came close to the performance of Cibie’s. Only Hella came a bit closer, but nowhere near as good. I knew that someplace on this planet, there HAD to be those lights, and with the help of a friend of mine, we found them in France, brand new, still in the original boxes. I received the 175’s yesterday, and will get the 195’s next week. What makes these lights so spectacular, is their design, especially their fluting. The 175’s specs are: 6000’ reflective range, and 11 degree vertical and 16 degree horizontal fluting. The 195 fogs have a 500’ reflective range and are 10 degrees vertical and 92 degrees horizontal. With these fogs, when properly mounted and aimed, as per Cibie’, you can safely do between 45 and 55 mph in pea soup fog. I know because I used them on my wife’s Benz, and believe me when I was told this by a BMW owner, I was skeptical. But they are fantastic. The 175’s basically replace the sun after dark.

Excuse my ignorance but what will they fit? Please elaborate.

Congrats btw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Intech

Veteran Member
TDI
Excuse my ignorance but what will they fit? Please elaborate.

Congrats btw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Fit?? Keep in mind we’re going back to the eighties. They are all quartz halogen, with leaded glass. I designed and installed a SS light bar just for them, and I also changed the Jetta front clip to one from a 2002 GTI. On that I used a set of Hella MK5 EC lights set in a MK4 housing, and am using Osram 75 watt H7 Rally lights, all direct from Germany. FWIW, the 175's have 100W bulbs and the 195's are 55W

Intech

Veteran Member
TDI
Pictures or we don't believe it.
I'll take and send pictures after the 195's arrive. I have the 175's, but I want to aim them all at once. It takes a while to set up the Cibie' aiming jig. Furthermore, I'll have to send them to you via e-mail, because I have NEVER been able to post pics on this site, and I've tried numerous times

Last edited: